Tickets & Conversations

JSchuhmann
Participant

Ticket reply: Email warning

SOLVE

Hi Community,

we noticed since 2 days that some of our service team agents get a warning that they can't reply to a mail. The account user setting for these agents are the same as for others, but only 2 of them get the warning. 

The mails are still being send, but its confusing. This morning i got even reported that for the one agent it only appears when another mail gets added in CC, while for the other agents it's the other way around. 

Has anyone an idea what the problem is? 

Screenshot 2021-12-16 130206.png

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JSchuhmann,

That's exactly why I was asking, it is indeed related to the "Communicate" permissions:

karstenkoehler_0-1639667730186.png

While it wouldn't make sense, this feature might behave differently for new users versus old users. You might've stumbled upon a bug. In any case, I'd recommend reviewing user permissions in relation to this new (separate) permission.

Setting it "Everything" would be the solution here if there aren't any access reasons against it.

If that solves the issue for you, you can help others find this information by marking my post as an accepted solution. I'd definitely appreciate it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
JSchuhmann
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karten, 

it says "You don't have permission to contact this recipient" . 

I have a theory that it has something to do with the new (I don't know how new) "Communicate" feature in Hubspot. Old Hubspot user accounts only have "Owned Only" permission and the checkmark at "Unassigned" and it works for them. No warning. Screenshot 2021-12-16 161012.png
While the two agents, who started in the last 1-2 months, need "everything" as permissions here. The strange thing is, old agents don't have to be the owner of the contact associated to the ticket, but they can still reply. This rule seems only to apply to new Hubspot users and only to new contacts.
At least that's what I saw today. not sure if i'm wrong.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JSchuhmann,

That's exactly why I was asking, it is indeed related to the "Communicate" permissions:

karstenkoehler_0-1639667730186.png

While it wouldn't make sense, this feature might behave differently for new users versus old users. You might've stumbled upon a bug. In any case, I'd recommend reviewing user permissions in relation to this new (separate) permission.

Setting it "Everything" would be the solution here if there aren't any access reasons against it.

If that solves the issue for you, you can help others find this information by marking my post as an accepted solution. I'd definitely appreciate it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JSchuhmann,

When the user hovers the mouse over the exlamation mark, is there a tool tip that explains the warning?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes