Tickets & Conversations

aguth
Participant

Ticket owner matching contact owner

SOLVE

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can set up HubSpot's Service Hub in a way that incoming tickets of existing customers (already having a contact in our CRM) automatically get assigned to the owner of the matching contact; while the rest (i.e. not yet registered among existing customer contacts) gets listed as unassigned (or we set-up workflow-based auto-assigment, etc.)

Would this owner matching possible for existing customers?

Thanks for advising.

1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @aguth,

Yes, you can do this using workflows.

Your enrollment criteria would be something like, Ticket owner is unknown, Contact Owner is known and Lifecycle stage is known. There are a variety of ways you could make that enrollment happen, but that's my initial thought.

From there, your action would be to copy the value from the contact record over to the ticket.

If you have other questions on this, I would be happy to help.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Mickey8490
Participant

SOLVE

The above suggestions cannot solve the problem 😞 Any other suggestion?

0 Upvotes
AudreyM
Contributor

SOLVE

Depending on what object you want to pull the ownership record down from - you could use a Company or Contact workflow where the Enrollment trigger is something like this:

AudreyM_0-1669748008688.png

Then you can copy the owner from the Company or Contact record to the Ticket record.

"Record ID is known" will basically trigger when the ticket is created because that is the point at which the record id becomes known.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AudreyM 🙂

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
AbdulMoeez

SOLVE

Hi @Josh ,
We can not copy a contact property to ticket property when a workflow is ticket based. Do you have any other solution in mind?

BReynolds
Participant

SOLVE

I am accomplishing this by creating another Hubspot User Property on the Ticket Called "Contact Owner" and I have a Contact Workflow triggered by "
Contact owner is known or Unknown" to copy the Contact Owner to the new Ticket Property, or clear the property. Then a second Ticket Workflow that has an If/then Branch if Contact Owner is Known, Copy the value from Ticket>Contact Owner to TIcekt Owner Else Rotate Assignment to team members.

KShah5
Participant

SOLVE

Hi BReynolds. I believe this solution would actually work - although I'm having a bit of trouble navigating my way around the workflow section. Would you be able to assist me set one of these up?

0 Upvotes
BReynolds
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Kshah5, 

So Ia accomplish this with 3 different workflows.(one is just my general ticket routing workflow. See screenshots below! 

Copying Contact Owner to AM Owner property.

BReynolds_0-1647631971203.png

Clearing Contact Owner for tiered customer types. 

BReynolds_1-1647632098022.png

BReynolds_2-1647632105560.png

Routing Logic

BReynolds_3-1647632144595.png

BReynolds_4-1647632153434.png

I have the delay here to ensure that all other workflow related to contact ownership have run before deternining the next step.

Hope this helps!! 

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @aguth,

Yes, you can do this using workflows.

Your enrollment criteria would be something like, Ticket owner is unknown, Contact Owner is known and Lifecycle stage is known. There are a variety of ways you could make that enrollment happen, but that's my initial thought.

From there, your action would be to copy the value from the contact record over to the ticket.

If you have other questions on this, I would be happy to help.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

brandondithbrry
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

This does not solve the op's query. I recommend removing this as a solution.

BReynolds
Participant

SOLVE

This shouldn't be marked as a solution because it's not possible to do this.