Tickets & Conversations

Baduist

Ticket automation based on content/keywords? (OR: self-tagging by customer)

Is it possible to automatically assign a ticket (or create a task) to a team / rep based on keywords in the content of the ticket? 

i.e. if an oncoming message has the word "unsubscribe" assign it to a certain team member, or if it contains "interested in" - assign it to a sales team member?

Alternatively - is there a way to allow our customers to tag their own email tickets as "sales"/"customer support"/"bug report" - etc? (the tickets are created from emails sent to our gmail, so I'm thinking either use a gmail filter somehow to let Hubspot know a certain ticket needs to be tagged a certain way, or alternatively send an autoresponder allowing the customer to click a link to tag the conversation).

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Baduist,

Thank you for reaching out! 

You could create a series of if/then branches in a ticket-based workflow using the "Ticket Description contains any of" criteria in a workflow. The action after the "yes" branch is set the ticket owner property to the user who specializes in the customer's query. 

In regards to customers tagging their own tickets, you could implement this solution by using a Support form as your ticket source and add a dropdown field with the "sales", "customer support" etc. More on that here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/connect-a-form-to-the-conversations-inbox

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 1.45.53 PM.png

I hope this helps get you started!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Baduist

Thank you @kvlschaefer ! 

Is it possible to somehow do the same with conversations?

CPrentice
Participant

Hi  @kvonloesecke, is it possible to tag conversations automatically that come through the chat box/email? Thank you

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CPrentice and @Baduist,

Apologies for the delayed reply here! 

It is currently not possible to tag conversations, however, I can how this would be a useful feature 🙂

I would encourage you to upvote this related idea and comment on why this feature would be useful so our Product Team can read your feedback.

I also wanted to tag in our subject matter experts to see if they are aware of any workarounds.

Hi @Jnix284@danmoyle@jolle - Do you know of a workaround for tagging conversations? Could this be achieved with custom properties? 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Thanks @kvlschaefer for the tag 🙂

Hi @CPrentice and @Baduist it's not possible to create custom properties for a conversation. The only way to do this is to associate your conversations to a ticket.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes