Tickets & Conversations

Geoffww
Participant

Ticket Types?

SOLVE

How can I create custom ticket types?  I found how to create ticket statuses.  Is pipeline the same as a ticket type?

Cheers

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Ticket Types?

SOLVE

Hi @Geoffww 

You can not create custom ticket types, as in you can not cerate addition ticket objects in HubSpot. 

Ticket pipelines a visual presentations of different channels or jourenys that tickets go through on their way to being resolved. These could be a good way to sepate different types of ticket your organisation works on. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

Ticket Types?

SOLVE

Hi @Geoffww 

You can not create custom ticket types, as in you can not cerate addition ticket objects in HubSpot. 

Ticket pipelines a visual presentations of different channels or jourenys that tickets go through on their way to being resolved. These could be a good way to sepate different types of ticket your organisation works on. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
Geoffww
Participant

Ticket Types?

SOLVE

Okay thanks.  I realized what I was trying to accomplish can be done with custom Properties.

Nynke_HM
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Ticket Types?

SOLVE

Hi @Geoffww ,

Just a small addition from my side: maybe the default ticket property 'Category' could help you out with this as well.

Best, 

Nynke

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Geoffww
Participant

Ticket Types?

SOLVE

Hi Nynke,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Actually Category would be used differently in our case, and unfortunatley not as functional as our current system in that there are no Sub Categories which is a problem for us.  Ticket Type examples are: Onsite Install, Remote Install, Support, RMA, etc.  Categories would fall under Support tickets such as: Hardware issue, Software issue, Network issue, etc.  And each of those need a sub category but looks like Service Hub doesn't have the ability to have sub categories.

Cheers