Sound for Chat

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

There is no sound notification when a new chat comes in. We are only getting a sound notification once someone has responded to the chat. This is very ineffective and it's causing us to miss chats. 

5 Replies
Community Manager

Hey @nikkiv,

You can configure the notification sounds for chats as outlined here.

Thanks,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

@jennysowyrda Yes - I know how to set these up. The issue we are having is if we don't have the browser window open then there is no sound which is causing us to miss chats. 

0 Upvotes
HubSpot Employee

Currently, sound notifications do not honor a user's defined settings, the only setting is based n the sound notification setting under conversations settings. Also, the sound notification only applies to assigned chats and not unassigned chats. Users should have the ability to control sound notification just like how they are able to control the various notifications under user profile and preferences. 

Regular Contributor

We face the same issue. Whether the agent is active, on the chat screen or else in HubSpot or the computer, I would like to hear a sound for all incoming chat messages.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Oh my gosh YES PLEASE!.  We have tried to incorporate HubSpot chat into our business twice and both times we have had to revert back to our previous tool because we miss too many darn chats. 

We need something that pounds us mercilessly until someone responds to the chat.  Can you imagine a phone that only rings once (if at all)?  Personally, I want it to ring and ring and ring continuously like a phone. 

As much as I appreciate the value of having it purely a web solution, I think we need to add this to the Windows application that sits in my icon tray.  Right now the Windows application doesn't include chat notifications.  Let's add it there, then I can see if it's loaded and I'll get audible notifications and screen pops bashing my team over the head. 

Right now, the notifications don't really work, and this makes the tool largely unusable in spite of the wonderful integration with HubSpot.  Let's take the next step.  We love the tool!

0 Upvotes