Setting up and editing e-mails in tickets

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

We are setting up our support ticketsystem and I want to know a few things:

Our customers mail to support@... and a ticket will be generated.

- How do I get the automatically imported e-mails in the tickets in chronological order after a reply? Old / initial e-mail first, newer second et cetera.

- Is it possible to edit the imported e-mails in tickets? To have a good overview of the ticket we want to delete unnecessary things in an email, such as history or a very large signature.

- When I add filters in my personal ticket overview, the filter deletes itself after refreshing the page.  How do I s

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards

4 Replies 4
Occasional Contributor

Also, when our customers make a ticket through our website. The ticket description is somewhere hidden in: View all properties in the leftside bar. It would be really helpful when a form/ticket is filled in by our customer, it will be a complete ticket.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @NoraCapptions,

Do you mind clarifying what you are looking to accomplish with the imported email addresses? Are you looking to pull in the oldest ticket first, or are you looking for the email addresses to update when a contact updates their email address? If you can describe your end goal and what the current roadblock is, that would be great!

In regards to editing email addresses, you can edit the email address for the contact from the slide out on the right hand side of the inbox screen. 

In regards to the filtering issue, can you please send along screenshots of what you are setting up? Are you saving the filter? It is expected behavior for applied filters to stick if you save it as a filtered view.

The more screenshots, details and information you can share, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda ,

Thank you for your quick reply. I want to pull the oldest e-mail in a ticket first. So when an e-mail is imported and we start a thread, the oldest e-mail will be shown first. Now it is the other way around.

I don't want to edit the e-mailadresses, but I want to edit the e-mails. So when a ticket is made (by importing an e-mail),we can edit the e-mail itself to delete unncessery things.

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @NoraCapptions,

Thank you for sharing the additional information! 

Currently it is not possible to edit the order of the emails that come in within the contact record. Additionally, it is not possible to edit the emails. You can delete emails from the records, but you can't edit the text within the email. 

I wanted to share this resource for the conversations tool as well.

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution