Tickets & Conversations

PedroRodrigues

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

How can I set deadlines automaticaly based on the creation date of a ticket depending on the ticket service type, priority, customer and schedule (Work days only).

We need to provide our team visibility of our SLAs for each customer to guarantee the closure time of the tickets to meet the deadlines set by contract.

I tried to do that using workflows, but I feel like I don't have enough tools in the Tickets Workflow to build something like that, maybe I'm just trying to do it the wrong way...

Do you guys have any clue of how can I manage to build that?

Thank you very much!

2 Accepted solutions
darynsmith
Solution
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hi @Raythien 

I'm not sure if this will help - but you can set an SLA for how long a ticket can stay in a particular pipeline stage.

Do this by enrolling all tickets into a workflow where the enrollment criteria is the ticket must have the selected pipeline stage. 

You can then build out the escalation actions - emails, tasks, text messages, slacks etc.

And then set an unenrollment criteria of the ticket being in any other pipeline stage.

The way HubSpot workflows run, is they always check the unenrollment criteria before executing the action.

So if the escalation path is that after 8 hours a task must be created for a manager. But the ticket has already been resolved, the task will never be created.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital

View solution in original post

edowling
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hello everyone -- I'm excited to share this functionality; Service Level Agreements (SLAs) is now live for all Service Hub Professional and Enterprise customers! 

This feature enables you to set SLAs in the inbox to help reps prioritize incoming tickets based on their importance and ensure that they meet your customer expectations. Please visit this knowledge base article: Set SLAs in the inbox for more details.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19
JonathanS
Contributor | Elite Partner
Contributor | Elite Partner

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hey all, I'm a part of Aptitude 8's product team A8 Labs. We're currently in Beta for a new SLA Tool called Timerman SLA. It may help solve your problem as it allows you to assign SLA Policies to both tickets and deals via workflows. Timerman allows you to set your hours of operation and holidays. It also tracks time in each stage down to the minute and lets you create reports/dashboards within HubSpot!

We're releasing the app to beta users so shoot me a message if you'd like to learn more!

0 Upvotes
edowling
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hello everyone -- I'm excited to share this functionality; Service Level Agreements (SLAs) is now live for all Service Hub Professional and Enterprise customers! 

This feature enables you to set SLAs in the inbox to help reps prioritize incoming tickets based on their importance and ensure that they meet your customer expectations. Please visit this knowledge base article: Set SLAs in the inbox for more details.

bdermoum
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

That's great but how can we set up holidays or special days we don't want the SLA to be active. It's such a pain right now because we keep it unabled. It is unusable as is.

xtractor
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

While on the right path, limiting the priorities to HubSpot's default without any option to extend means  Icannot use this feature. 
Most of our customers follow some form of ITIL, and all of them use levels 1 to 4.
For us to be able to use the SLA functionality, I need to be able to make sure the levels align. 

Please add to backlog, as it shouldn't be that difficult to amend and to customised priority in HubSpot even without SLA I'm sure is a highly requested feature.

0 Upvotes
ARINTJEMA
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hello,

SLA management should not even be a topic of discussion around a ticketing tool.

It's the basics and creating workflows is extremely complicated for something so basic.

And for that, you absolutely have to enable morning AND afternoon office hours.

Lots of logic problems like this on Hubspot, it looks like a tool still in beta.

Why when you click on the notficiations bell, the dot disappears as soon as the notification display is executed?
We should validate each notification one by one. How can we work efficiently if we can't see what we have to do?

Alexis.

0 Upvotes
darynsmith

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hi @MatWeb - yes the Customer Service Ticket Portal is available, you can install it and test it here: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/customer-success/ticketing/customer-ticket-portal-220...

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
MatWeb

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

@darynsmith do you have any update on the customer portal? Is it available / will it be available soon? If yes when?

0 Upvotes
Raythien
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

My organization just switched to HubSpot for sales and marketing, and we would like to switch for service desk as well. However, without being able to configure SLAs, this is not possible. Hopefully this will be available in the near future.

eugeniadelvigna
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Same here, I am following this thread to see if there is any update. 

0 Upvotes
darynsmith
Solution

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hi @Raythien 

I'm not sure if this will help - but you can set an SLA for how long a ticket can stay in a particular pipeline stage.

Do this by enrolling all tickets into a workflow where the enrollment criteria is the ticket must have the selected pipeline stage. 

You can then build out the escalation actions - emails, tasks, text messages, slacks etc.

And then set an unenrollment criteria of the ticket being in any other pipeline stage.

The way HubSpot workflows run, is they always check the unenrollment criteria before executing the action.

So if the escalation path is that after 8 hours a task must be created for a manager. But the ticket has already been resolved, the task will never be created.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
BPouchain
Member | Elite Partner
Member | Elite Partner

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hi,

I like your solution but sadly, it's not enought, because it depend on business hours too. Exemple :

- Office open fron 9AM to 5 PM.

- Ticket is open TODAY at 6 PM.

- We have an 4 hours delay

=> The SLA should be TOMORROW at 1 PM and not today at 10 PM. Do you have any solution about this ? SLA is critical on "Ticket service" and Hubspot seem to have a major flaw in comparaison to other solution.

Raythien
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Thank you Daryn.

As was already written by some of the other users, the fact that there are no operating hours prevents this from being effective. If our service desk is open from 9 AM - 5 PM, we get a ticket at 6 PM, and our escalation rules are set to run after four hours, the ticket should not escalate 10 PM, but rather at 1 PM the next day.

Please let me know if there's a workaround for this.

Brittany-RG
Contributor

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Following this thread. Figuring out the best way to handle SLAs in HubSpot Tickets is a pain point for me right now. Would love some insight and or updates.

0 Upvotes
darynsmith

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

@Brittany-RG if your customers all have a very similar SLA, you can use workflows and put the amount of days/minutes as a delay. And then use a smart supression list to unenroll the ticket from the escalation. 

Supression lists always run before the next step in a workflow.

If clients have different SLA's, you can create a pipeline for each SLA type and follow above steps.

We are about to launch our Customer Portal for your customers to be able to track the status of their tickets. And phase 2 of this will be an SLA tool.

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
0 Upvotes
Brittany-RG
Contributor

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply @darynsmith . That is helpful and much appreciated. Though, our biggest struggle now is that we use business hours for SLAs and I am not seeing and control for that.

0 Upvotes
Phil_SB
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

Hey Daryn can you share more about the customer portal and do you know if there's a beta? We just transitioned to Hubspot and are having a number of challenges around SLA measurement (in particular, the fact that there is no concept of office hours/weekends). A customer portal where people can see their submitted tickets would be great.

fabiomarques
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

It's a MUST HAVE the SLA tool. We need to know if a ticket is inside the SLA or no so that we can work with the team to prioritize this ticket. Also this will be important to create a dashboard were we can see how many ticket had their SLA impacted. I've tried with workflow but it's not the same, and if a ticket have more than one stage, the time the ticket stood on the stage 1 it's not added to the next stage.

darynsmith

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

@PedroRodrigues currently there are no SLA management tools for tickets. Using workflows as you have done is the closest you will get to this.

We are considering building an SLA tool whereby you can setup an SLA and then link it to a company or contact record. And then have a CRM extension to notify the agent/team of the SLA relevant to the customer is question, as well as notify them when they SLA will be breached.

We are assessing the demand for a SLA tool like this - would you be prepared to contribute to the development costs of such a tool?

Daryn Smith
Chief Strategy Officer
Huble Digital
StephHutch
Participant

Service SLA and ITSM

SOLVE

This is the one feature that is preventing us from transitioning over from Zendesk.  Please create some knowledge base articles to provide a workaround using workflows, and add this feature of SLA's for different customers types, who doesnt manage their customers by type or service level segmentation. 🙂