Tickets & Conversations

Chloe45
Participant

Sequences and email opt-outs

Hi there, I ran a sequence today however people who have opted out of emails still received one through this method- how can this be avoided without going into each individual profile?

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Chloe45 

Contacts will be unenrolled from a sequence automatically when the contact unsubscribes via the unsubscribe link in the sequence.

If they are already opted out, their email would bounce (which would be one way to identify it ) What was the error the sequence returned? 

This article explains more about it: Unenroll a contact from a sequence

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Chloe45
Participant

Hi, thanks for your response

The contact had previously opted out of receiving emails and was marked as true on their profile- however this contact was added to a sequence and it still sent to them- without it bouncing- so I'm concerned as this is a clear breach

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Chloe45,

Did the contact unsubscribed to all subscription types of email before it was enrolled in the sequence of it was while he was enrolled? 

My recommendation would be connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screen share if necessary so they are able to see this example.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes