Tickets & Conversations

liberworm
Colaborador(a)

Separate new email when received from closed ticket

resolver

Many of our clients have a tendancy to go to their last support ticket email string and use it to send in a new support request after their original request has already been resolved and closed. Our agents will reply and since this email is associated with an already created ticket - even though it is a new issue - we are not getting an accurate reflection of the number of support tickets are receiving. 

We have been able to setup a workflow that would create a new ticket based on the ticket status combined with the last client reply being greater than a set timeframe. That addresses the ticket creation but the email with the new issue still gets associated to the old ticket. We need to be able to "split" the latest email received from the previously processed email string and associate it to the new ticket. 

Any suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Solução aceita
PeterC
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks for the mention @PamCotton 

It is working as expected, but not as required by everyone facing this problem.  You're right Pam, the only workaround (that I know about) is to manually log the reply to a new ticket.  

At present, there's no way to split a ticket.  You can merge tickets, but not split them - so you are currently reliant on your support agents using a process rather a function of HubSpot.

There is an idea here in the forum for ticket-splitting.  Please add your vote 🙂

While you are voting, this one is also worth your vote because it potentially offers another workaround to this problem:  If you could calculate the time a ticket remains in a certain state (i.e. Closed) then a report would quickly show which old tickets were being recycled by customers and your support agents.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

resolver

Hello @liberworm 

At the moment this is working as expected since the email is being logged in the same thread having the same tracking code.

What could be a potential workaround is to manually log the reply to associate to the new ticket. 

I will tag some of our top contributors @PeterC , @RomyFuchs1 would you like to add anything else to @liberworm question?

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
PeterC
Solução
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Thanks for the mention @PamCotton 

It is working as expected, but not as required by everyone facing this problem.  You're right Pam, the only workaround (that I know about) is to manually log the reply to a new ticket.  

At present, there's no way to split a ticket.  You can merge tickets, but not split them - so you are currently reliant on your support agents using a process rather a function of HubSpot.

There is an idea here in the forum for ticket-splitting.  Please add your vote 🙂

While you are voting, this one is also worth your vote because it potentially offers another workaround to this problem:  If you could calculate the time a ticket remains in a certain state (i.e. Closed) then a report would quickly show which old tickets were being recycled by customers and your support agents.

liberworm
Colaborador(a)

resolver

Thank you @PeterC and @PamCotton  for your help with this. I did go to the 2 links Peter recommended and upvoted. Always looking for great ideas to support.