Tickets & Conversations

jjohnson23112
Participant

Separate email addresses for each customer

SOLVE

We're migrating from Zendesk.  Right now for each customer we service we setup a zendesk email address for example <customer name> @ ourcompany.zendesk.com and when someone emails this address, we're automatically tagging the ticket with the customer name so we know which customer the request came in for. 

How would we do this in Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jjohnson23112,

Interesting use case!

Would it be feasible to create landing pages / forms for each company? You could indeed create a landing page for Acme Corporation, featuring a form that passes a hidden value and create tickets based on those form fills.

Unfortunately automatic association between contact and company record wouldn't work then, because HubSpot wouldn't be able to match the contact email domain (@gmail.com) to the company domain (acme.com). It's also not possible to use company properties in HubSpot forms.

Your approach using separate URLs could also be an option, here are two tutorials by Align.ly and Xen.

In both approaches, automatic association with a company record would be the challenge. However, there seems to be a workaround using the property website_URL, explained here. In this thread, there's also mention of an integration that helps with this. I haven't tested either so I cannot speak to whether it works or not.

If it doesn't, there is one workaround including a manual step that I can think of. Once you've captured the company name on a form and it's stored on the contact record, you could copy that information in a custom ticket property, also called Company name:

contact-to-ticket.png

Once it's a available on the ticket record, you could display it in the ticket record sidebar. The user handling the ticket would see the company name immediately and they could associate the company record manually.

ticket.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jjohnson23112,

Interesting use case!

Would it be feasible to create landing pages / forms for each company? You could indeed create a landing page for Acme Corporation, featuring a form that passes a hidden value and create tickets based on those form fills.

Unfortunately automatic association between contact and company record wouldn't work then, because HubSpot wouldn't be able to match the contact email domain (@gmail.com) to the company domain (acme.com). It's also not possible to use company properties in HubSpot forms.

Your approach using separate URLs could also be an option, here are two tutorials by Align.ly and Xen.

In both approaches, automatic association with a company record would be the challenge. However, there seems to be a workaround using the property website_URL, explained here. In this thread, there's also mention of an integration that helps with this. I haven't tested either so I cannot speak to whether it works or not.

If it doesn't, there is one workaround including a manual step that I can think of. Once you've captured the company name on a form and it's stored on the contact record, you could copy that information in a custom ticket property, also called Company name:

contact-to-ticket.png

Once it's a available on the ticket record, you could display it in the ticket record sidebar. The user handling the ticket would see the company name immediately and they could associate the company record manually.

ticket.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @jjohnson23112,

In HubSpot, you don't have to create a separate customer service email address for each customer. All incoming emails that are sent to a shared inbox (called 'conversations inbox') will automatically be associated with a contact record. If HubSpot does not find an existing contact record matching a sender's email address, it will automatically create a new contact record.

HubSpot also has a setting which automatically creates and associates companies with contacts – based on a contact's email address and a company's domain.

That's why you also wouldn't need to tag tickets, since from the tickets dashboard, you can filter all tickets by those associated company, either previously existing or automatically created and associated:

tickets-home.png

In summary, you only need one shared team email. Incoming emails will automatically be associated with known contacts and companies which allows you to filter by company in the tickets dashboard. For new contacts, HubSpot will create contact records and can also automatically create and associate a company.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

jjohnson23112
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @karstenkoehler  the issue here is that the customer's have 1000s of users that are regular consumers, they don't have email addresses associated with the domain of the customer. 

For Example, consider that we have customer CompanyABC - CompanyABC has 1000s of users that are regular people that aren't employees of the company.  As a result, when these regular people go to log a ticket, i need them to have a way to submit the ticket such that the ticket is associated with the right company. 

As an alternative, would this work?

- Setup a ticket form that has a hidden field that is the company ID or something

- Craft separate URLs for each company that sends into the ticket form the value of that companyID 

- Then each company can give their users a URL to log a ticket and this URL will display a form that auto associates the ticket with the company

LMK if this makes sense - I do not know the hubspot products at all - so looking for clarification if this is a doable strategy. 

0 Upvotes