Tickets & Conversations

ASoppelsa
Participant

Send Email-Notification to specific address with workflow

SOLVE

Hi,

A channel in Microsoft Teams has a specific email-address, where you can send notifications to.

Thus, when creating new tickets that meet certain criteria (e.g. priority AND category) we'd like to send an email to this specific email-address with a workflow. Alternatively we were thinking that we could create a contact (with the specific email-address) - however, this would pose the question on how to select a single contact to send an email to in a workflow.

Any help is very appreciated!

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASoppelsa,

Have you had a look at the Microsoft Teams app for HubSpot? https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/productivity/workflow-automation/microsoft-teams-2136...

If the integration doesn't meet your requirements, you'd have to use the "Send internal email notification" action in a workflow:

notification.png

Since this action requires the recipient to be a user in your HubSpot portal, you can't add the Microsoft Teams email address here. (I assume that it's not associated with an inbox that you can manage? You can try to create a HubSpot user with the Microsoft Team email address but I doubt that it will work.)

The workaround would be sending this notification to an existing user and creating a forwarding rule: Each email with the subject line of your notification would be forwarded to your Microsoft Teams email address. For Gmail, for example, the steps are explained here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957 I would also create some rules that all these notifications are immediately filtered out or archived in the inbox of the user who's the intermediary. Not an ideal solution but it could work.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
paigeleslie
Contributor

SOLVE

Having a similar problem here. I'm wanting to send confirmations to other team members when certain workflow actions are triggered - I'm starting to wonder if there's an app that can be added that allows for this kind of email notification? I just need a basic email sent. Seems bizarre that HubSpot isn't capable of this with all of the other functionality available to workflows.

EPiercy
Participant

SOLVE

I've been running into the same issue. I work on a small team and would like to set up an automatic notification that more marketing emails need to be loaded into the workflow, but I can't send an internal email notification without avalanching my team with hundreds of emails for every contact that passes through the action. It seems odd to me that there isn't a straightforward option just to send one notification email.

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @paigeleslie, what specific actions in the workflow you are looking to send team members notifications? Depending on it you can add as @karstenkoehler mentioned after the action you can add another with "send internal notification".

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

ASoppelsa
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thank you very much for your fast reply. Pretty much confirms my suspicions of my approach not working. I had a look into the teams integration provided in the marketplace - however, the reviews are not very "uplifting" as well you'd need to be an administrator in Teams in order to set it up.

Best, ASoppelsa

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ASoppelsa,

Have you had a look at the Microsoft Teams app for HubSpot? https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/productivity/workflow-automation/microsoft-teams-2136...

If the integration doesn't meet your requirements, you'd have to use the "Send internal email notification" action in a workflow:

notification.png

Since this action requires the recipient to be a user in your HubSpot portal, you can't add the Microsoft Teams email address here. (I assume that it's not associated with an inbox that you can manage? You can try to create a HubSpot user with the Microsoft Team email address but I doubt that it will work.)

The workaround would be sending this notification to an existing user and creating a forwarding rule: Each email with the subject line of your notification would be forwarded to your Microsoft Teams email address. For Gmail, for example, the steps are explained here: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957 I would also create some rules that all these notifications are immediately filtered out or archived in the inbox of the user who's the intermediary. Not an ideal solution but it could work.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.