Tickets & Conversations

TCastillo1
Contributor

See comments on ticket page; Add notes to tickets in conversation inbox

SOLVE

Our integration converts all emails received to tickets. In the Conversations > Inbox view, we are able to add comments within the email thread. However, the comments do not show when we go to the ticket page. In addition, we are able to add notes on the ticket page under the Activities tab of the ticket. Is there any way we can see the notes in the Conversations > Inbox view? I tried to look for a way to modify the right sidebar with the ticket details from the Inbox view to see if it's possible to show the latest note but had no luck. To summarize:

1. Need to show conversation comments in the Ticket page. 
  2. Need to show notes in the Conversations > Inbox view. 

Thank you!

1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@TCastillo1 I can relate to your desire to have the communications included on both record types, here's a little insight into why they aren't IMO:

For the Conversations Inbox, "Comments" are internal messages included in the Conversation thread, which is linked to the ticket, but all the details aren't listed out in the timeline because you can easily have a ticket with multiple replies between your team and the customer, and also multiple messages in the comments that could cause confusion if it weren't threaded.

For Ticket Notes not showing in the Inbox, there is a link to the Ticket, but similarly, where would all the ticket notes go - they would have to be interspersed within the conversation thread and that could get confusing if someone is working in ticket view and another in the inbox and the messages are missed.

I think the most important thing to decide is what is your process for support and where should the relevant information be documented?

Our support team works exclusively out of the Inbox, so any ticket notes are added to the comments for easy access and we have Ticket Properties that we've added to track relevant information consistently (escalations, category, etc.) that are visible from the Inbox sidebar.

This helps streamline communication with our customers and internally.

The ticket view isn't used often, but we use the ticket data for reporting, so it is still an essential piece in our support process.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but hopefully it helps lead you closer to a working solution!

Thanks @PamCotton for the mention!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@TCastillo1 I can relate to your desire to have the communications included on both record types, here's a little insight into why they aren't IMO:

For the Conversations Inbox, "Comments" are internal messages included in the Conversation thread, which is linked to the ticket, but all the details aren't listed out in the timeline because you can easily have a ticket with multiple replies between your team and the customer, and also multiple messages in the comments that could cause confusion if it weren't threaded.

For Ticket Notes not showing in the Inbox, there is a link to the Ticket, but similarly, where would all the ticket notes go - they would have to be interspersed within the conversation thread and that could get confusing if someone is working in ticket view and another in the inbox and the messages are missed.

I think the most important thing to decide is what is your process for support and where should the relevant information be documented?

Our support team works exclusively out of the Inbox, so any ticket notes are added to the comments for easy access and we have Ticket Properties that we've added to track relevant information consistently (escalations, category, etc.) that are visible from the Inbox sidebar.

This helps streamline communication with our customers and internally.

The ticket view isn't used often, but we use the ticket data for reporting, so it is still an essential piece in our support process.

I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but hopefully it helps lead you closer to a working solution!

Thanks @PamCotton for the mention!

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @TCastillo1, thank you for providing details!

I want to invite our top experts to this conversation @RJaglan @Josh @Jnix284 any recommendations for @TCastillo1 matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !