Search function does not work properly

ChristianaSH
Participant

I choose hubspot namely because of the history search function. I can search the whole history (e-mails, calls, activities etc.) of a company or contact by using key words. When I tested the search it worked as expected so it was searching in the title but also in the content of emails etc. 

But now we are using hubspot for a few weeks and when I want to search something in the email history, it doesn't show any result. Does anyone else have the same problem and know how to fix this? The filter is on "All activities, all users and all teams". 

Or is this not included in the free version?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @ChristianaSH 

Thank you for reaching out. 

From what I understand, this is an issue you're having now but it wasn't happening before, is that correct? 

Would you mind clarifying the exact steps you're talking to use this search function? Is that on the top navigation bar, or in the search for emails field in Marketing > Email? Could you give a specific example? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you, 

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @ChristianaSH 

Thank you for your patience.

I got confirmation from the team that this search field does not index the email body, but only the email subject, so if the word is there it won't be found. This may change in the future as our technology evolves, but this is currently working as designed.

I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas forum here

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

0 Upvotes
ChristianaSH
Participant

Hi Tiphaine,

thanks for your reply.

I don't know how to upload a screenshot here. But I go to contacts and choose a company and there you have the whole history (emails, tickets, tasks etc.). 

With the loupe symbol in the middle section right next to the history (not the one in the top right corner) you can search the history and it is supposed to search also within the email body and in tasks and tickets. But it doesn't work. 

It worked during the free trial but I didn't have much of a history at that time. 

Thanks for your help!

Christiana

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @ChristianaSH 

You can upload screenshots with the little camera button when you reply. 

Are you talking about the following loop field in a company record? 

activity.png

If so, would you mind sending me a DM with a specific example: - a company record & what exactly you are searching for that is not displaying? 

Thank you!

Tiphaine

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @ChristianaSH 

Thank you, I have received your PM. I have reached out to the team regarding this and I will update here as soon as I can. 

Best, 

Tiphaine