Tickets & Conversations

kstevens
Membro | Parceiro Platinum

Salesforce Validation Rules

resolver

I have a Tasks validation rule that forces users to choose from the Subject picklist values. This is preventing some contacts from syncing with HubSpot. Does anyone know if there is something I can do avoid this from happening, without deactivating or deleting the rule? 

0 Avaliação positiva
1 Solução aceita
bradmin
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver
Are these for tasks originating in HubSpot, or in Salesforce? If the latter, creating validation to always require a Subject value would work - this way, Salesforce tasks would always have the values necessary to sync.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
bradmin

resolver

Hi, @kstevens. While there's no way to specifically undo the behavior of bypassing validation rules, you can modify the logic to account for the connector.

If you have a dedicated seat for the integration, you could update your validation to exclude the integration user. Apparently, if there are commonalities in the tasks that are unique to the work in HubSpot - common values or unique text that exists on HubSpot tasks and no others - you can update validation to ignore those kinds of tasks.

kstevens

resolver

Thank you for your response! We've taken the above steps, but we are still having the same issue. Do you have any other recommendations? 

0 Avaliação positiva
bradmin
Solução

resolver
Are these for tasks originating in HubSpot, or in Salesforce? If the latter, creating validation to always require a Subject value would work - this way, Salesforce tasks would always have the values necessary to sync.