Tickets & Conversations

CEwers
Mitglied

Reply-to field as contact

I have my support email address connected to hubspot to create tickets. Emails sent to my support email from the SaaS booking software I use have their email address in the from field and the contact's information in the reply-to field. Hubspot is creating the contact for the booking software in the from field instead of the contact in the reply-to field. 

In some of the other SaaS software I've used such as Desk.com, Zendesk, even gmail, recognizes the reply-to email address as the contact. 

The way it's working now would mean that every email would need to manually create a contact or assign a contact, and then change the to email address manually every time for every ticket. 

Example of how it works in other SaaS:

Zendesk's mail servers use the "Reply-To:" line in the headers, if present, to identify the author of the email. Since the "Reply-To:" line in the header indicates the mailbox to which responses should be sent, this field supersedes any data in the "From:" field.

Is there an option to have the reply-to field supercede the from field or some other work around that's not obtuse. 

4 Antworten
petertaiga
Teilnehmer/-in

I don´t see how I could do this with an automation for two reasons:

1) The reply-to field with the correct email is not stored as a ticket property

2) I don´t see a possibility to change the associated contact of a ticket. If I change the email of the contact I have the risk to associate multiple tickets from different users to the same contact  (remember the ticket is linked to a contact that is created based on the from email which is the same for all tickets)

0 Upvotes
GeorgeBThomas
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner

@CEwers,

As I read this, I have to wonder why the Saas booking software vs. HubSpot Meetings tool for booking?

Also, anytime I hear "manual over and over", I agree with @StefaniUAT, this may call for a workflow.

This article on ticket automation may be helpful.

If you think more detail would help, I'm all ears.

George B. Thomas

HubSpot Helper & Owner

George B. Thomas, LLC

(252) 656-5950 | (330) 232-6117
george@georgebthomas.com
www.georgebthomas.com
StefaniUAT
Autorität

Can you create a workflow that clears the email HubSpot property and then copies the correct email address to the email property?

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

Hi @CEwers,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I want to tag a few subject matter experts to assist with this: @warrendavey@BethanyH@PeterC@StefaniUAT any tips or best practices for an effective support email & ticketing setup? 

Thanks, 

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes