Tickets & Conversations

THouge

Reply inline and paste formatted text

I am answering technical customer questions as well as support questions. They may send me an email with a bullet list of questions, and I would like to answer that using Hubspot. However, when I select "reply", I am met with an empty email template, and have not found a way to import the text I am replying to so I can build my answer on that. How do I do that?

Another challenge I have is pasting formatted text (bullet list with multiple levels, colored text etc) into an email. It is all pasted with single color and formating, and the bullets are gone.

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
elizheleva
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi, @THouge ,

any chance you can share a screenshot of what you're seeing? Are you replying from the Conversations screen, from within your email, the contact record, the ticket?

Thanks,

Eli

Problem solver @ crmsquad

Eli Zheleva
Chief Problem solver @ crmsquad | Hubspot Trainer | Hubspot Partner | Community Champion
Still need help? Book a free call with me

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

THouge

Hi

It's a little hard to show. The problem is in all message writing windows, but this case is from following a ling in an email notice sent to me with the subject "An incoming email was logged on records you're following". I then go to Hubspot from this email, and the customer has written a list of questions as a bullet list with multiple levels.

As an example, I copied the bullet list from the email (from Hubspot), pasted it into Word and edited the text. Then I have copied it from there and this is what it looks like when I paste it into Hubspot again:

THouge_0-1678189741758.png

And this is how it looks in Word (notice how it has kept color and font, while pasting back into Hubspot removes this as well):

THouge_1-1678189779433.png

0 Upvotes
JS-MS

THouge, did you ever find a fix to the issue of not being able to reply in-line to a previous email? We are experiencing the same challenge and it significantly inhibits our workflow and efficiency.

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JS-MS and @THouge,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I understand that when you reply to an email, you would like to see the original text so that you can add to each bullet point your answer, is that correct?

I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Edit original message when replying to individual email".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

I also wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation @AdamLPW, @Alex_Elborn and @FCorbaci, do you have any suggestions to help with the formatting when copying and pasting from Word into HubSpot, please?

If anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks and have a lovely day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

THouge

Hi. No, unfortunately not.

0 Upvotes