Tickets & Conversations

alixboulard

Replies showing up in the Ticket Activity (the Never Log list)

SOLVE

When I reply to a ticket, the reply doesn't get tracked in the Activity tab. To make sure that I did indeed reply I have to click on the Email tab.

Is there a way to get the replies logged in the Activity?

And if not, is there a way to make the Email tab the default one when I open a ticket?

Capture.PNG

0 Upvotes
3 Accepted solutions
louischausse
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Emails should appear in the activity tab 

In the example you provide, it seems you were sending an email to someone defined as a 'never log' contact by you or one of your colleagues. You can manage who is in the never log list here:  https://app.hubspot.com/crm-settings-email/[ENTER_YOUR_HUB_ID_HERE]/email/log-track

When sending an email to a contact that is not in the never log list, you will see the email in the activity tab. It could take a few seconds before it appears... You can hit refresh if it's too long.

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
alixboulard
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks!

I also reached out directly to support and walked me through this. I was suprised to see that our company email domain was listed in the Never Log list. I don't know if this a default setting, or if someone purposely did that. Anyways, I removed that, and all is good now.

Alix

0 Upvotes
louischausse
Solution

SOLVE

Someone purposely did that. It is a good practice if you don't want private conversations between employees to be seen by others.

But, if you are using HubSpot tickets as an internal help desk, your domain should not be in that list.

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
louischausse
Solution

SOLVE

Emails should appear in the activity tab 

In the example you provide, it seems you were sending an email to someone defined as a 'never log' contact by you or one of your colleagues. You can manage who is in the never log list here:  https://app.hubspot.com/crm-settings-email/[ENTER_YOUR_HUB_ID_HERE]/email/log-track

When sending an email to a contact that is not in the never log list, you will see the email in the activity tab. It could take a few seconds before it appears... You can hit refresh if it's too long.

0 Upvotes
alixboulard
Solution

SOLVE

Thanks!

I also reached out directly to support and walked me through this. I was suprised to see that our company email domain was listed in the Never Log list. I don't know if this a default setting, or if someone purposely did that. Anyways, I removed that, and all is good now.

Alix

0 Upvotes
louischausse
Solution

SOLVE

Someone purposely did that. It is a good practice if you don't want private conversations between employees to be seen by others.

But, if you are using HubSpot tickets as an internal help desk, your domain should not be in that list.

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

0 Upvotes