Tickets & Conversations

PeterC
Colaborador líder

Reassign contact for a conversation

resolver

If a conversation (email - not chat) comes in from contact X, but the reply needs to go to contact Y, how do we change the contact without losing the email thread?

An example came up today where a staff member who's on vacation forwarded a customer email to the Conversation Inbox, but I needed to reply to the original customer.  I wanted to keep the email thread running, so the logical option was to change whom the conversation was associated with... but how? 

Any ideas anyone - or is this destined for the Idear forums?

1 Soluciones aceptada
PeterC
Solución
Colaborador líder

resolver

Thanks for the feedback Jenny - it is frustrating.  I'll create an idea as you suggest.

In case anyone else finds this thread, the workaround I found was to create a Service Ticket (which is now available to all users regardless of license-type), remove the contact and company, then associate the case with the correct contact.

From then on, you can handle the ticket and close the conversation.  Again, far from ideal, but it works.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

7 Respuestas 7
AriMargolis
Participante

resolver

Sorry to dredge up an old topic, but I'm trying to do exactly what OP describes. Can someone tell me where to find this "disassociate contact" setting and how that works? Thanks!

0 Me gusta
kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @AriMargolis,

Thanks for reaching out!

it's currently not possible to disassociate multiple contacts at once, this would have to be done manually at an object level. I would recommend upvoting this similar idea in our Ideas Forum. Our product team uses the Ideas Forum when considering building out new features and updates, and reads customer feedback there. 

Thank you!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @PeterC,

The closest you could get at the moment would be to cc new the contact into the conversation. Given the usecase you mentioned, I realize this workaround isn't ideal for what you are looking to accomplish. 

The option would be to cpy and paste the thread into a new email and email the contact from their contact record so that it becomes associated with the right contact. 

I do very much see the use case for what you are describing, so starting a thread in the ideas forum wouldn't do any harm!

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
PeterC
Solución
Colaborador líder

resolver

Thanks for the feedback Jenny - it is frustrating.  I'll create an idea as you suggest.

In case anyone else finds this thread, the workaround I found was to create a Service Ticket (which is now available to all users regardless of license-type), remove the contact and company, then associate the case with the correct contact.

From then on, you can handle the ticket and close the conversation.  Again, far from ideal, but it works.

jennysowyrda

resolver

Thanks for sharing your workaround @PeterC! If you create an idea and want to link it in this thread for others to find and upvote that would be great!

0 Me gusta
PeterC
Colaborador líder

resolver

Thanks Jenny.  Idea posted here.

PeterC
Colaborador líder

resolver

Not sure when this snuck in, but it also solves the problem.

2018-10-08_8-40-43.png