Tickets & Conversations

AWoodford

Prevent ticket creation from reply emails form select contacts

SOLVE

Sometimes I need to email a specific contact and associate that email with a help ticket in order to resolve the problem and keep my team informed.  I've been able to do this successfully with the expection of the fact that the reply emails from the specific contact create a separate (and unnecessary) tickets.  I would like to be able to exlude specific contacts from the automatic ticket creation from email workflow.

1 Accepted solution
christopher-RVO
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

@AWoodford  I would recommend adding this to the ideas forum in the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Feel free to mark this post as an accepted solution. 

Christopher Barnett - VP of Revenue at Aptitude 8

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AWoodford,

While it might seem like one is using the tool wrong, automatic ticket creation can be disabled for specific contacts by putting them on a deny list. This means that emails from this address will land in the spam folder and won't create tickets. These emails can be moved out of the spam folder and should still not trigger a ticket creation.

You can add contacts to a deny list under Settings > Inbox > Allow & Deny List.

If you want HubSpot to offer more robust features, you can submit this as a request to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

The product teams reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AWoodford

SOLVE

I appreciate the help here, but I don't want to add the contact to the deny list because I do need to keep receiving the emails from this person.  I just don't want each email to create a ticket.  I have created a less-than-ideal workaround, but that has it's own set of problems.  I'll add this to the idea page.

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO

SOLVE

@AWoodford  To clarify - Are you using a shared inbox which is creating tickets when someone replies?

Currently, there isn't a setting to exclude certain contacts from auto-ticket creation. It's either none or all in this setting.

AWoodford

SOLVE

Hi @christopher-RVO!  Thanks for replying.  Yes, we are using a shared inbox.  I've notived that there is not setting for excluding specific contacts from this workflow.  Maybe this is something HubSpot can consider for the future.  

0 Upvotes
christopher-RVO
Solution

SOLVE

@AWoodford  I would recommend adding this to the ideas forum in the community: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

Feel free to mark this post as an accepted solution.