Tickets & Conversations

MelParry
Participant

Prevent Ticket from Re-Opening When Customer Replies with "Thank You"

SOLVE

We currently have the setting turned on to automatically change the status of a ticket to Open when a customer replies. This works wonderfully as a switch between our two open statuses of "Waiting on Contact" and "Waiting on Us." 

Where this fails, and I'm looking for a solution, is when a customer replies with a polite "thank you" to us fulfilling their request and closing the ticket. This then reopens the tickets, skews numbers, etc. 

Any thoughts on a workflow that can prevent this from happening? 

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@MelParry Here's how I'd tackle this first: Create a ticket-based workflow where any ticket associated to an email with body content that includes "thank you" would then take the action of setting the ticket stage property to closed.  

Example: 

danmoyle_0-1657228289459.png

Then I'd test it and see how long it takes to close the ticket and if that works for your support team. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@MelParry Here's how I'd tackle this first: Create a ticket-based workflow where any ticket associated to an email with body content that includes "thank you" would then take the action of setting the ticket stage property to closed.  

Example: 

danmoyle_0-1657228289459.png

Then I'd test it and see how long it takes to close the ticket and if that works for your support team. 

Hope that helps! 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
ABrown65
Participant

SOLVE

how would this work if there was an actualy communication thread and the customer said thank you in an email prior to a resolution? "thank you for looking, ill wait" something like that

0 Upvotes
danmoyle

SOLVE

@ABrown65 good question. I'd build this and test it, and see if there are iterations you'd need. It may take some additional parameters to exclude words like that. Unfortunately, there's not a "click here to stop thank yous" functionality. 

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website