Passing Data into Conversations Widget

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi there!

Our org has a relatively unique integration of the Conversations widget, which as you know, is used for Chat with our sales/service representatives.

As the visitor traverses the site and engages accordingly, there are certain answers to questions that we can infer, when asked within the Chatflow itself.

Are we able to pass data to the Chat widget when/if it is opened that ties directly to a Contact property, allowing us to skip that question as the answer already exists?

Thanks so much!

Aaron

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @aaronrbrewer,

I want to tag in some thoughtleaders to see if he can provide any further clarity.

@MPeach@Josh@DanielSanchez, do you have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jess   

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor | Platinum Partner

Hi @aaronrbrewer,

When you create the chatbot, you can ask and associate questions that save to a HubSpot property. There is also an option to skip the action if the property already exists. So to answer your question, yes...you can make this happen. 

Example-Chat-Question.png

I hope that's what you were looking for.

Josh

Thanks for the ping @JessicaH !

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Josh  - Thanks for providing further detail, and thank you @JessicaH for the further pings.

We are doing that throughout most of out Chatflow already. I am more-so looking on passing data from the browser (Session/Local Storage, through the Conversations Widget API, etc.) into the Conversation widget.

So we don't even have to ask a question if we already know the answer prior to the visitor even opening the Chat window. It's like the Facebook Messenger integration, the Chatflow shouldn't need to ask questions and should be able to skip over, if Facebook data already has the answer. Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Aaron