Notification Option when New Unassigned Tickets Come In

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Please create an option under a user's profile & settings to be notified when a new unassinged ticket is created.

There is currently an option to be notified when that user is assinged a new ticket, but this doesn't help unless we know that  a new ticket has come in via email or a support form.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Esteemed Advisor | Diamond Partner

Hi @tmcginnis

Have you tried using a ticket based workflow to create a task for someone? I think you would need to use a combination of enrollment criteria like ticket owner is unknown and has not updated in the last day, or something like that. Then create a task for someone to assign it maybe? 

Otherwise, you might have a good idea here, in which case I recommend you post it over in the ideas forum for others to vote on. 

Hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Phil Vallender

Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
Diamond HubSpot Partner

Regular Contributor

What the heck? I thought the WAS the ideas forum! Ugh.

We looked into the workflow option to assign a task. The issue with that is we cannot assign a task to multiple people or a group of people. Just a single person. We have a team of folks who are responsible for managing customer support - so assigning a task to one of them is counterintuitive, especially in cases where that person is out of the office or in a long meeting.

0 Upvotes