Tickets & Conversations

TWL
Participante

Notification Bell in Browser - Keep number badge until read

resolver

HubSpot,

The notification bell 🔔 is very handy at the top of the browser, but as soon as you click to read the notification content and perhaps click away, the notification bell icon no longer shows the badge number of how many notifications are currently unread in that list.  It is easy to forget that you have other unread notifications.  🅾️

Is there a way to keep the red number of notifications there until all are read?  If you start off with 5 and then only read one, you should be able to see at the bell a red with a #4 in it telling you that there are still 4 unread notifications in that area.

1 Soluciones aceptada
karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

resolver

Hi @TWL,

As far as I know there aren't any options for that. After clicking the bell icon, the counter will reset. Previous unclicked notifications will keep a red dot next to them:

karstenkoehler_0-1645681719355.png

You could request these options in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

4 Respuestas 4
karstenkoehler
Solución

resolver

Hi @TWL,

As far as I know there aren't any options for that. After clicking the bell icon, the counter will reset. Previous unclicked notifications will keep a red dot next to them:

karstenkoehler_0-1645681719355.png

You could request these options in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Scoobs
Participante

resolver

I agree that we should always show the count of unread messages. I'll leave a comment under the idea. However, I have a question about how it currently works. If the bell shows 10 notifications and I click it to reset them, then I read only one of those unread messages. If a new notification arrives, will the bell show 10 again (9 old ones + 1 new) or just 1?

0 Me gusta
BérangèreL
Administrador de la comunidad
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @Scoobs and @TWL,

Thank you for your valuable Product feedback!

For information, I'd like to share this article about this same topic "Set up user notifications in HubSpot".

To reply to you @Scoobs, if you have already clicked on the bell and only read one of the 10 notifications and you get a new one, then the bell will show 1 for the moment.

For other Team Members as well, as @karstenkoehler recommends it (thanks for your help!), I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Notification Bell in Browser - Keep number badge until read".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Me gusta
TWL
Participante

resolver

Thanks.  I will move the post to New Ideas

0 Me gusta