Tickets & Conversations

ParryMe
Participant

Notate when Ticket is Reopened

SOLVE

We currently have our system set up so that when a customer replies to an existing ticket, it will automatically change the ticket's status to one of our "open" statuses (even if the ticket was previously closed). 

As we revamp our KPIs for 2023, Time to Close is something we will be looking at. 

My question: Is there a way to notate that a ticket has been reopened (and the date it was reopened) so we can report our KPIs appropriately? We have quite a few customers who will reply to an old ticket for something new, and even though the original request was handled in a few days, these tickets now show they've been opened for much longer, which skews our reporting.  

1 Accepted solution
danmoyle
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@ParryMe that's a great question and use case for using Service Hub + Reports. 

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but in this similar question I offered a workflow solution for when customers replied "thank you" in the email. That made me think there may be a workflow option for opening a new ticket if the previous ticket was already closed and they reply to an email. That's where I'd personally start. 

I also found this thread that's more similar to what you're asking, in regards to older tickets. That may also inspire a solution. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
danmoyle
Solution

SOLVE

@ParryMe that's a great question and use case for using Service Hub + Reports. 

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but in this similar question I offered a workflow solution for when customers replied "thank you" in the email. That made me think there may be a workflow option for opening a new ticket if the previous ticket was already closed and they reply to an email. That's where I'd personally start. 

I also found this thread that's more similar to what you're asking, in regards to older tickets. That may also inspire a solution. 

Did my answer help? Please "mark as a solution" to help others find answers. Plus I really appreciate it!

Dan Moyle

HubSpot Advisor

LearningOps | Impulse Creative

emailAddress
dan@impulsecreative.com
website
https://impulsecreative.com/