Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Not integrating every email

Highlighted
New Contributor

We have just started working with Hubspot and I am have questions about the email integration. How do I stop it from adding a contact every time an email is sent? I emailed a help desk about a product I have and it's now a contact. Does it automatically create a contact for every single email we send??

As well, emails between owners are obviously not meant for public record - how do I stop it from logging every email sent from one of us?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
3 Replies
Regular Contributor

yep... and every email received......

Hubspot charges on contacts - you can create workflows to bulk delete if you can decide what needs to go....

Also add to the 'Never Log' list to ensure they don't log going forward... this includes your internal contacts/business emails so that you dont end up with internal conversations being logged against your each team member as we have been unable to prevent each team me,ber logging as a contact. If they are included in the Never Log list the only emails logged will be with other contacts that are not aded to the Never Log list....

Data cleansing is something we are still working on daily and trying to include a Customer Service team process that ensures we ahve quality data - it is currently a very manual effort!

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks for the response! I think our best bet is to toggle the "log email" button on and off depending on who we are emailing too.

A second question, it looks like emails that are received are not logged unless they are responses to an email we have sent? Is this correct? So for instance, if a client sends a new email to us, it does not go into Hubspot automatically. The only way I can find around this is to respond to their email (with logging on) and it will log our email, and show underneath the original we are responding to, if that makes sense. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor
Yes you can toggle or delete the bcc. I think a good way to ensure tracking is to stay in Hubspot - email the contact within hubspot and it is sure to log conversations and then stick to Outlook when you require privacy.
0 Upvotes