Tickets & Conversations

JLoomis
Participant

No Associated Contact Email Export with Ticket Export

SOLVE

Hello,

I am trying to create a list of contacts from a filtered list of tickets. When I export those tickets, however, only the Associated Contact and ID come with the export, no other properties (in this case I need email) of the Associated Contact. My current workaround is simply to look up each contact and c/p email into spreadsheet ... very time consuming!

Is there a better workaround or am I doing it wrong?

Thank you,

Joseph

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @JLoomis ,

Yes I understand, you need other properties of associated contacts. So for that only I given you suggestion to prepare report of including ticket and contact properties and in report you can add as many properties of contact uou want and then export that report you will get all data you wanted.

Thank you

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
JLoomis
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Signam, my apologies for letting this slip off my radar. Not sure I understand what you mean. I have started downloading all contacts and just doing a vlookup based on contact ID as an alternative. Can you suggest something else?

0 Upvotes
JLoomis
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all,

Thank you for your response. I may be misunderstanding your suggestions but I am not sure that they apply. 

My question is about how to get more contact properties besides just First Name, Last Name, and Contact ID, when exporting a list of tickets. I am not exporting contacts. I don't see how your solutions help me filter a list of contacts by associated tickets. I may be misunderstanding, however, so if I am, please let me know what I am missing.

Gratefully!

Joseph

0 Upvotes
SNigam
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @JLoomis ,

Yes I understand, you need other properties of associated contacts. So for that only I given you suggestion to prepare report of including ticket and contact properties and in report you can add as many properties of contact uou want and then export that report you will get all data you wanted.

Thank you

SNigam
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hello @JLoomis , @PamCotton , I think there is a workaround here. We can create a report here consiting Ticket ID and email or other contact properties as  column and then export that report I just tested it and it works for me. I have exported one xls file in which I got multiple rows for those tickets in which more than one contact was associated with email id different in that column and ticket id remian same in those rows. 

I hope this will help you. Please mark it as solution if this solves your objective.

Thanks

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @JLoomis I was able to find more information about it and 

1) One way to get all contact properties is in a .csv file or excel file using a filter of contacts and use the option "include all properties". This will give you a .csv file that includes columns with all of the contact properties available. I wanted to share this resource with you this article where shows this process.  

2) Another way is using an API endpoint that can extract all of the contact properties and engagements from your portal. If you work with a developer, you can follow the steps here to get these values: https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/contacts/v2/get_contacts_properties.

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/methods/engagements/engagements-overview

I will also add some top experts to this matter @rohansdeeson @SNigam any suggestions to @JLoomis ?

Thank you,

Pam

I hope this information helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !