Need help NOT creating Contacts or Companies from Tickets

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

We are a B2B company that provides some B2C support for our clients' end users.  Think of us like a Shopify, where our money comes from our clients (e.g. Companies and Contacts) but we provide support to the end consumer.

I do NOT want the companies or contacts being created from tickets with the end consumer.  

Is there a way, when a ticket is sent to a specific email address, for no contact or company to be created from that ticket?!  Please tell me there is a way.  Pleeeease....??

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Esteemed Advisor | Gold Partner | HubSpot Certified Trainer

Hi @iamathlete,

To clarify...

• End user has an issue (not your actual paying customer)
  • A ticket is created for someone on your side to resolve the issue for the end user
  • You email the end user an update on the ticket
  • When you email that user, it creates a contact

If this is correct, my only potential fix (though far from perfect) is to associate the ticket with your actual customer, not the end user and leave the contact details in the end user notes or as custom properties. Potentially you would add a second pipeline for "End User Support" so that the reps addressing these tickets know where to look when they are communicating with the individuals and they can email them from their inbox vs. HubSpot.

With the details you provided, this is my best suggestion.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

We help tier 1 & 2 manufacturers generate leads!
HubSpot Gold Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

Regular Contributor

Josh, You are correct in your assumptions here:

• End user has an issue (not your actual paying customer)
  • A ticket is created for someone on your side to resolve the issue for the end user
  • You email the end user an update on the ticket
  • When you email that user, it creates a contact

Thank you for your suggestion.  The only issue that I can see with your suggestion is that we don't want all of our client/Company records being muddied up with communications to their end users (it could, literally, be 500+ emails over the course of a year with some of our bigger clients).  I want to keep the client/Company records focused on our communication directly with the client.

Ugh.  Maybe we create a fake company and have all of the emails to the end users be attached to the fake company - it would quite literally end up with 10s of thousands of emails per year under that company which will stretch Hubspot, I'm sure.

I'm definitely open to other ideas! 

0 Upvotes