Tickets & Conversations

FabioRosado

Moving channels to a new inbox

Hello folks,

When we started using HubSpot we were using the default Inbox to get our emails from different sources. Support tickets, support email, etc.

As our team grew, we decided to create a specific inbox for support, is there an easy way to move the channels on the default inbox to the new one? Or do I have to setup everything again?

Thank you

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
sbk_100
Participant

I am currently looking into this for my company's setup, which was created before I joined the company.

Can you confirm that if we disconnect a Channel (either an Email or a Form), and re-connect it to a newly created Inbox, the previous submissions and engagement on past Conversations will simply import to the new Inbox view without losing any historical data, including Ticket properties that may have been manually updated in the past?

@TiphaineCuisset 

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sbk_100 

Thank you for reaching out

I have tested on my portal and I can confirm the tickets and the conversations are not erased, however the old conversations stay in the old inbox. Only new conversations will get to the new Inbox. 

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

sbk_100
Participant

HI @TiphaineCuisset Thanks so much! A quick follow-up question:

Once we create the new Inbox and link the Form to it, as you mentioned, new submissions will route into that Inbox.

Do you have a recommendation how we might be able to move the old conversations submitted through that form into the new Inbox for historical purposes (Any submission as well as the response, i.e. the complete Conversation thread).

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sbk_100 

Thank you for your reply. 

I checked and I can confirm you can move a conversation from one inbox to the other by following these steps. However, it's not possible to do that in bulk at this stage. I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it; and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

FabioRosado

Thank you for the suggestion TiphaineCuisset, I'll set up the new channels again

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @FabioRosado 

Thank you for reaching out. 

At this time you can move conversations from one inbox to another by following these steps; but this is not possible to change the inbox for the connected email. You'll have to remove that email and connect it again to the default inbox. I'd recommend posting an Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. That way other users can upvote it; and the Product Team regularly monitors the Forum

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine