Tickets & Conversations

PIrigoyen
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

Modify the naming standards of Ticket name/title

SOLVE

Ticket name display: We cannot modify the naming standards of Tickets created through conversation emails because the Ticket name is by default the email topic.

It would be ideal to be able to select either the Contact name or the email topic (or a mix of the two).

If someone has found a workaround for this please let me know!

Thank you

-Pilar

1 Accepted solution
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @PIrigoyen, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

I have some thoughts on potential workarounds here. You could look into ticket workflows, but you would need to get any referenced values (i.e., the contact name) on the ticket record.

You could first create a custom ticket property called something like "Contact Name" and then create a workflow that will copy the contact "First name" property to the associated ticket "Contact Name" property.

Then, you could create a workflow for new tickets that would rename the ticket to "[Contact Name] - [Ticket Name]." I believe that would essentially append the ticket name with the first name of the associated contact:

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 4.06.47 PM.png

That's pretty tedious, but it would allow you to better standardize those tickets!

You're also not the only one asking for this functionality — here's a HubSpot Ideas post on this topic. I strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case to hopefully get in front of the HubSpot Product team!

Hope this is at least a little helpful!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @PIrigoyen, thanks for reaching out! This is a great question.

I have some thoughts on potential workarounds here. You could look into ticket workflows, but you would need to get any referenced values (i.e., the contact name) on the ticket record.

You could first create a custom ticket property called something like "Contact Name" and then create a workflow that will copy the contact "First name" property to the associated ticket "Contact Name" property.

Then, you could create a workflow for new tickets that would rename the ticket to "[Contact Name] - [Ticket Name]." I believe that would essentially append the ticket name with the first name of the associated contact:

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 4.06.47 PM.png

That's pretty tedious, but it would allow you to better standardize those tickets!

You're also not the only one asking for this functionality — here's a HubSpot Ideas post on this topic. I strongly encourage you to share your thoughts and use case to hopefully get in front of the HubSpot Product team!

Hope this is at least a little helpful!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature
STaylor79
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there, I'm trying to set up a workflow based on the ticket name. I don't see the "Ticket Name" as an available property in the trigger like in your screenshot. Where did you go to be able to select that? 

0 Upvotes