Tickets & Conversations

PeterC
Top Contributor

Messages from our own website forms auto-filtered as spam?

SOLVE

Some forms on our website send messages (like "Contact Us").  Since moving to HubSpot, the information captured by the form is sent by email from noreply@hubspot.com.

Unfortunately, noreply@hubspot.com is blacklisted automatically in the Conversations Inbox.  This means every form submission gets flagged as spam (placed in the "filtered" view).  The process for retrieving messages from the filtered view isn't difficult, but it is an additional undesirable manual process - and it hides website activity from the automatic notification tools.

HubSpot support did teach me about a property called "Message" and how to build a list showing the message content - but a list has too many limitations to make it a workable solution. (Can't see new/responded/recent activity/conversation ownership etc.)

Without the ability to whitelist noreply@hubspot.com (you can try - it doesn't work) how do you handle information coming in from message boxes on your websites?

1 Accepted solution
cambria
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi everyone, my name is Cambria - I'm a Product Manager on the Conversations team. Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions over the past several months!

I'm excited to announce that we now support contact forms as a native channel in beta and we look forward to rolling it out to you all!

If you want to sign up for the beta, please fill out this form and we'll give you access as soon as we can: https://forms.gle/oRTsSGK5XmgqnmMw8

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
10 Replies 10
cambria
Solution
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hi everyone, my name is Cambria - I'm a Product Manager on the Conversations team. Thank you to everyone who has upvoted this idea, shared your use cases, and added your thoughts and opinions over the past several months!

I'm excited to announce that we now support contact forms as a native channel in beta and we look forward to rolling it out to you all!

If you want to sign up for the beta, please fill out this form and we'll give you access as soon as we can: https://forms.gle/oRTsSGK5XmgqnmMw8

0 Upvotes
KMcInroy

SOLVE

is this now sorted as we are having this exact problem but thread is from 2019

0 Upvotes
RPontecorvo

SOLVE

Has this be updated yet?

0 Upvotes
PeterC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @cambria 

I'm looking forward to testing this.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @PeterC,

Depending on your subscription level you could use a workflow to send a custom internal email to your inbox after a form is submitted. Click here to view this process.

Do you mind sharing the solution that Support shared with you in a bit more detail so that other users can utilize it if it fits their needs? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
deannaw
Participant

SOLVE

So @jennysowyrda , are you saying it's not possible to have any notification emails sent by Hubspot be delievered to the "All Conversations" inbox and not be filtered as spam?

We were trying to achieve this with the meeting booked confirmation emails. Since there is no place in Hubspot to see what meetings have been booked, we use the meeting notification emails sent by Hubspot as notifications to our sales team, but we can't find any way to have these emails delievered to the Hubspot inbox. 

It's weird to think that Hubspot wants us to use their inbox to communicate but we can't receive it's own email notifications within our own Hubspot inbox. I was told by a customer rep for Hubspot to use the gmail inbox instead to review these email notifications from Hubspot which seems to defeat the purpose of the Hubspot inbox.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @deannaw,

You can customize, whitelist, and blacklist email domains for the Conversations inbox by following the steps outlined in this article.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
PeterC
Top Contributor

SOLVE
But you can’t whitelist the noreply@HubSpot.com - which is what all HubSpot notifications come from - and that’s the problem. You can’t stop HubSpot form-generated emails from becoming spam in the inbox. It’s so frustrating un-spamming the genuine messages.

You can use a support-form, but only if you have Service Hub, and even then it’s only one form. You can’t have multiple forms for different purposes.
0 Upvotes
deannaw
Participant

SOLVE

Peter, I discovered another article here where several people go into detail about this exact situation and it appears Hubspot is not interested in fixing the issue unfortunately so the only solution that was agreed upon was to check the filtered section of the inbox everyday in addition to all conversations. We're not alone with our frustrations as it does seem pretty ridiculous!

0 Upvotes
PeterC
Top Contributor

SOLVE

@deannaw Can you please post the link so I can go and vote on it?

(And please don’t forget to up-vote this thread too if you support it 😉)

To give credit to the development teams though, there is work going on in beta on the Support Hub which looks promising. It’s not useable yet, but I just bet another year of subscription on them getting it sorted.

0 Upvotes