Tickets & Conversations

SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Manually Enroll Deal into Ticket

Building a credit control function against live deals to commuincate with clients over missed payments. 

Have built a workflow that creates a ticket and then delivers a custom email that contains using html, a unique URL to go to a payment gateway that we have to allow payment to be made and linked to the deal itself.

Considering that the same deal may overtime enrol several times in this workflow and have several tickets of this type, how can I initialte and enrol the deal in this workflow to create a ticket.

Ideally I'd like a button to enrol in teh workflow, but that I cant do. I can see how I would manually enrol a contact to a workflow, but cant work out how to do it with a deal. Its probably obvious but I cant work it out, anyone help?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Hi @EEls 

How did you get on with this?

I actually developed my idea a little further. The field on teh deal is now a sngle selection drop down with 4/5 different actions listed, all of which send a custom email communication (transactional)

User navigates to the field and decides what they want to communicate, select and save in teh field (which will always be blank)

WOrkflow then looks at changes in that filed (reenrolement turned on) and sends out the appropriate email from template.

Workflow then waits 5 mins and hen clesrs the selection filed so that it is blank the next time someone wants to send out a communication.

Essentially I have extended the use of one filed to make it almost like 5 differnet action buttons.

Hope that helps

0 Upvotes
Guidex

Sending and receiving emails has become a common thing in today’s life. Without emails, accomplishing various tasks isn’t possible. This is the main reason why there are various webmail services can you check for complete information here.

0 Upvotes
EEls

Yes I am also facing the similar issue and the way sir guided here is looking very valid to solve this issue i hope it will help me when I try to apply it.

0 Upvotes
SWilsonA4u
Top Contributor

Hi @karstenkoehler 

Thanks for reaching out. I have actually resolved this. What I have done is

- Added a Yes/no field to Deal record to initiate the workflow.

- When that field is changed to Yes, a new ticket is created in a relevant pipeline stage.

- That ticket contains custom fields to add the value that is outstanding by the client, and a free text box for notes.

- Once those fields are completed workflow sends an email to client that contains a url with HTM code added to pull through te hticket ID number giving that URL a unique property that our site recognises.

- Workflow on the deal waits 5 mins then changes the Yes/No field in deal to blank, so its ready to initiate the process again.

Seems to work so far, am doing more tests at present

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @SWilsonA4u,

Could you provide a bit more detail and context to each step? It's a bit hard to read the expected behavior / requirements – and what blocker you're currently facing.

More context on the overall goal would also appreciated.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.