Managing the availability of team members on live chat

SOLVE
TommyB
Participant

I am overall responsible for managing our live chat. With the new chat, is there a way for me as an admin to view which users are online currently, and change a user's status to away/online? For example when someone forgets to switch to offline before the weekend or when they're away at a trade show etc. 

Alternatively, can individual users schedule their availability for set days and times like on the old chat, rather than just having a persistent setting and manually changing between away and online?

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
cdewey22
Solution
HubSpot Product Team

This is now live to all for more details check out the knowledge base docs here. 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/manage-your-inbox-users

View solution in original post

44 Replies 44
kurtw14
Participant

I'll second this. I was hoping that team members "status" could automatically be toggled to unavailable when message or conversation is not opened (like it did in the old interface). I understand this muddles things a bit with the Slack integration, however, adding a toggle to automatically enable/disable team member availably based on the user's conversation or messages interface being currently open would be super helpful.

kurtw14
Participant

Tommy,

FYI while my note referred to toggling availability automatically based on chat being opened in your browser... you can set availability based on business hours. See this article: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/getting-started-with-sales-tools-user-guide/how-to-use-messages#availa...

0 Upvotes
CCS
Contributor

I  looked at the link but it does not tell you how to set business hours.  I really would like that feature as team members work shifts.

TommyB93
Participant

Yeah, unfortunately, the business hours thing isn't really that scalable for us as we have chat users spread accross the US, Europe and Australia, with people having very flexible working hours.

0 Upvotes
SuzNGF
Contributor

I also believe this feature would be helpful as well as the ability to set the availability of a user as an admin. IE if someone forgot to logout, I could toggle them off as well. I don't think every HubSpot user should be defaulted to answer chat.  It's confusing for higher level admins to have to "set away" when they have nothing to do with the chat feature for their website.

Being able to opt-in users would be a more beneficial setting/UX.

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks so much for the feedback!

We are first working on a team managment page that would allow an admin to be able to update the status of an agent. It would solve the usecases mentioned here about a agent forgets to set themselves away and this will allow the admin to be able to fix it. 

We should be working on this in the near future, so I will update the thread here!

For autosetting the agent away, this is on our radar and something we will be figuring out in the medium future, so I don't have a time frame quite yet but it is something our team is thinking about. I can provide more details once I have them. 

Thanks, 

Cassie

Alison75
Participant

Hi, any update on this feature ?

RCd
Participant

Hi There, 

Any updates on this?

Many thanks,

0 Upvotes
cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

This is currently in development and should be ready within the next few weeks, I will post an update once we are ready to open this to beta folks. 

Thanks for the interest! 

Cassie

setheryb
Contributor

I would definitely love to be apart of this beta when it is available.

Our team is horrible at marking themselves as away Smiley LOL

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

I hear you! one of our reps has added you already to the beta list, so once we are ready you will get an email! 

0 Upvotes
ITC
Hi,

Am you please also count me in for the beta testing of this team/user availability feature?

Thank you.

Olivier
0 Upvotes
nikkiv
Top Contributor

Would love the opportunity to be part of the beta group. We have been wanting this for a long time. 

0 Upvotes
cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

You are now added, once we have this ready I will send you an email. 

0 Upvotes
luke-moagency
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hey Cassie, can we be on the beta please. A client that needs this urgently, and does not seem to be anything in the API that we can present online/offline agents to managers. 30 agents, and this is a major issue for us. Thanks!

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

You are now added, once we have this ready I will send you an email. 

0 Upvotes
DGarcia
Participant

Hi! Could we be added to the beta list or notified when this feature is available?

TrishS

i would like to be on the beta testing also 

0 Upvotes
dmaxwell
Participant | Partner

With the ability to manage this now via Team Management, would anyone happen to know if the 'Availiblity' status is available via the API so that we can it synced to other systems?

0 Upvotes
TommyB93
Participant

Hi Cassie,

I am the original poster but my login has changed due to company rebrand. But yes, we would definitely like to be part of the beta. 

Thanks,

Tom

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Feel free to email me with your new login info and I can add you! thanks!

0 Upvotes
cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

Also, since I don't want to lose anyone interested. Here is the link to the beta form to submit if you are interested in the beta. 

Please note, we are still finishing up development and I will email everyone on the list once we are ready to release this to beta! 

Really excited to get this functionality out to everyone! 

Cassie

0 Upvotes
blichtenwalner
Participant

Hi Cassie, I will complete the BETA form. In the meantime, any update? We only have 4 chat users, but it's quite annoying when they forget to sign out (pretty much every day).

0 Upvotes
cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

We are very close to this being done. I will announce once we completed that last big piece and have done some more testing to ensure I am giving accurate timelines, but we are shooting for this to be out in April. Hopefully, it will be more middle April than the end, but that is dependent on some more testing before I will know! I will post here as soon as we are about a week out to make sure I get everyone's beta requests! 

Thanks and excited to be able to give you all this feature soon! 

Cassie

Herschel
Top Contributor

We very much look forward to seeing this feature. Please add us to the Beta list @cdewey22.

Thank you! 

0 Upvotes
mbinmasoud
Contributor

@cdewey22 wrote:

We are very close to this being done. I will announce once we completed that last big piece and have done some more testing to ensure I am giving accurate timelines, but we are shooting for this to be out in April. Hopefully, it will be more middle April than the end, but that is dependent on some more testing before I will know! I will post here as soon as we are about a week out to make sure I get everyone's beta requests! 

Thanks and excited to be able to give you all this feature soon! 

Cassie

Hey @cdewey22 , sorry for asking the same question, but any update on the beta? We went all-in with live chat on our site, and we're using a chatbot and team availability to the fullest, but still run into many situations where reps forget to update their status. So I can't wait to try this out!

nikkiv
Top Contributor

Wonderful. Please add us for Beta. We are very excited for this feature. 

0 Upvotes
cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

I have good news, we will be releasing this beta next week (4/27-5/1)!

I have gotten a lot of submissions already so if you filled out this form already, I will be reaching out to you with details next week with the email provided. 

If you have not filled out the form it is not too late! Please submit before EOD Monday (4/27) and we will include you in this first release. Here is the form to submit. This feature will be available in Starter & above across all hubs (Marketing, Sales, and Service). 

Thank you all for your patience! 

0 Upvotes
blichtenwalner
Participant

Thanks! You just made my day. We cannot wait to try this out. 

0 Upvotes