Tickets & Conversations

RSwitonski
Contributor

Limited Access for Ticket Responder

SOLVE

Hi guys,

We are hiring someone to work out of hours support for us - emails currently come in and a ticket is generated, I am trying to work out what the minimum permissions are for them to respond to new tickets without the ability to delete any records from hubspot. 

This new hire shouldn't be allowed to view / edit existing contact records, we only want them to be able to respond to new tickets that arrive when we are closed for the evening - either myself or a colleague will then finish handling the ticket during our working hours.

Based on the current permissions I have assigned to a test profile the user cannot see any tickets as they aren't the ticket owner - I was thinking of making a workflow that automatically assigns new tickets to this user if it is during their work hours. This way they only see tickets relevant to them.

Does this seem like the most logical solution, i.e to restrict their access wherever possible?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSwitonski,

Yes, it does. You would set record access permissions to "owned only" and not grant any delete permissions (or permissions to any other tools).

Your ticket-based workflow could run on outside of business hours (Settings > General > What times do you want the actions to execute?). Make sure to only enroll contacts where "Ticket owner is unknown" and unenroll ticket immediately when they have an owner (Settings > General > Unenrollment and suppression). Any ticket your team handles throughout the day, must also be assigned a ticket owner.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
RSwitonski
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for that, some good ideas there.

Currently in my test scenarios I am unable to respond to tickets as the test account is not the owner of the contact.

Do you know which permission needs editing to allow this?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RSwitonski,

Yes, it does. You would set record access permissions to "owned only" and not grant any delete permissions (or permissions to any other tools).

Your ticket-based workflow could run on outside of business hours (Settings > General > What times do you want the actions to execute?). Make sure to only enroll contacts where "Ticket owner is unknown" and unenroll ticket immediately when they have an owner (Settings > General > Unenrollment and suppression). Any ticket your team handles throughout the day, must also be assigned a ticket owner.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes