Tickets & Conversations

megananderson
Participant

It is possible to identify the reason a ticket re-opened?

SOLVE

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to differentiate when a ticket has re-opened because of automation (specifically, when it re-opened because a customer replied to an email) vs. when a ticket has re-opened manually (i.e., a user changes the status from a closed status to an open status).

The use case is that I want to perform different actions once the ticket is closed, depending on why it re-opened. 

Specifically:

• If the ticket re-opened automatically from a customer reply, then once it closes again, do nothing. 
  • If the ticket re-opened manually from a user action, then once it closes again, create a follow-up task.

Basically, if we're re-opening the ticket manually, it's because something wasn't done right with the resolution the first time around. A user will re-open the ticket as a way of saying "hey, we still need to fix this," and then when the ticket is closed, we want to create a task to indicate that the resolution needs to be reviewed. But we don't need that same follow-up action at the end if the ticket re-opened because of a customer email. 

Would love to hear any suggestions, and thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @megananderson,

I'd approach this by using the same logic as the workflow – the one which updates the ticket status when a customer replies to an email. You can check which has been updated later: the ticket status or the last email date. (I haven't tested the workflow below but it would be my starting point.)

In a ticket-based workflow, enroll tickets with "Close date is known" and "Ticket status is any of Waiting on us" and "Last email date was updated before Ticket status". Next, delay until event happens, select "Property value changed" and choose "Ticket status is any of Closed". This action can then be followed by the task you want to create.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @megananderson,

I'd approach this by using the same logic as the workflow – the one which updates the ticket status when a customer replies to an email. You can check which has been updated later: the ticket status or the last email date. (I haven't tested the workflow below but it would be my starting point.)

In a ticket-based workflow, enroll tickets with "Close date is known" and "Ticket status is any of Waiting on us" and "Last email date was updated before Ticket status". Next, delay until event happens, select "Property value changed" and choose "Ticket status is any of Closed". This action can then be followed by the task you want to create.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.