Tickets & Conversations

luca
Membro

Is it possible to remove the www from the front of my domain linked in HubSpot

I've read everywhere that the CNAME must be used but I would like to remove the www subdomain from my domain that is linked to HubSpot.     

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Hello, @luca in short Hubspot doesn't allow you to connect the root domain.

There is nothing that HubSpot can do over here, as this is controlled by DNS Management of the Domain Name. 

As HubSpot Website Pages, Blog, etc are hosted on their server, and each server host multiple Websites (Domains) for various clients. The domain controller uses a CNAME record to point the subdomain to HubSpot Servcers. 

Example: If your root domain is abc.com you have to use a sub-domain of your choice like www.abc.com or w3.abc.com etc.

PS: You can use a different subdomain for website, blog, and landing pages in HubSpot. 

Regards

Danish W. 
CEO @webdew 

aeberge
Membro

I understand that hubspot does not support this, but it is not correct to say that this is not possible. Hubspot could have solved this with a reverse proxy like NGINX. In the dns one could then enter the dns of the proxy.

kvlschaefer
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @aeberge,

Thanks for your feedback!

I’d encourage you to post this idea in our Ideas Forum. This is where our Product team goes to receive feedback from our customers and also allows other users to upvote and comment on your idea.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Avaliação positiva
Phil_Vallender
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante
Participante de valor | Parceiro Diamante

Hi @luca

This an interesting question. 

Basically, it is advisable to use the www. version of your domain because it can take a CNAME record. And a CNAME record enables a provider like HubSpot to dynamically manage where that traffic goes, letting them provide redundancy/resiliance along with advanced features, like the CDN, that they provide for free. 

A naked root domain (without www) can not take a CNAME as applying it would also redirect email traffic to the CNAME destination, overriding any MX records for example.

The usual workaround to this is apply IP addresses as A records to the naked domain.  But IP addresses normally point to specific servers, and may not provide the dynamic flexibility of the CNAME approach. 

The preferable approach is to redirect non www traffic to the www. domain. 

I recommend contacting your DNS provider to see if they can support you in redirecting the traffic. If they can not, you can contact HubSpot support and request that they un-gate the IP addresses for your domain, allowing you to set up those A records mentioned earlier. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
luca
Membro

I've read this post here but it makes no mention of removing the subdomain

0 Avaliação positiva