Internal chats with employees concerning a ticket

New Contributor

Just implementing Service Hub. I have the customer emails coming in to create tickets.

I can communicate with the customer fine.

What I'm looking for is a way to communicate with my fellow support staff regarding a ticket.

So far the only method I've found is either an email, or note. Neither of which are very effective. I don't see any chat icon for tickets to chat with other employees. 

Any ideas out there?

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Community Manager

Hi @cwalliser,

Before suggesting alternatives, do you mind sharing what the roadblocks with notes and emails are? Have you used the @ mention feature in notes? 

@PeterC@Bryantworks@gkeshian do you have any suggestion for using HubSpot for internal communication with teams in an organized manner? Have you had luck using notes or emails?

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

Hi @jennysowyrda 

We're not quite live with tickets yet and therefore, the use of "chat" is a bit limited. 

We have used a pinned note on the ticket (so it sticks to the top of the timeline), and we all then edit the note using @mentions. 

The process works well as a place for discussion, and you can reply to your colleague's comments.  The limitation is that they don't "build" on the timeline - so tracking "who did what, and when did they do it" isn't possible. 

2019-06-25_13-41-44.png

Community Manager

Thanks for sharing, @PeterC! Smiley Happy 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the tag @jennysowyrda !

@PeterC 's method is what I've seen used the most as well.  While I don't like recommending other applications since you're already in Service Hub, if this is something truly important another tool that a client I work with uses is HelpScout, it integrates with HubSpot, but inside of HelpScout you can have internal communication on a ticket like a live chat as well.  

Again, I would recommend against it since I think you've already purchased Services, but just a thought.