Tickets & Conversations

kelliego11
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Incorrect / updated name when someone enters a chat

解決

When a contact interacts with chat, most do not read thoroughly and don't put in their name.  Instead, they go straight to their problem.  This updates their contact with a ridiculous new contact name.  Is there a way to eliminate this problem?

Pleased don't rename my contact diesel exam.Pleased don't rename my contact diesel exam.

1件の承認済みベストアンサー
jennysowyrda
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kelliego11,

What type of chatflow are you using? You can change the text in the first bubble so that the information is saved to a different property (see screenshot) and then this information can be used to pull in a different response (which you can customize). 

For this example, I changed the personalization token from "first name" to "school", and then I customized the second bubble to populate a response appropriate to receiving a message stating there is an issue. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 11.37.57 AM.png

See example here: 

example.gif

If you are trying to create a different type of chatflow, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

元の投稿で解決策を見る

9件の返信
Msyvrais
キーアドバイザー

解決

The issue still prevails with contacts going straight to the point and asking their question instead of answering what is presented (like Name). Which ends up adding their question as their name, which then creates a break down in sync to other integrations due to string being too long. 

Can we have a feature that only allows so many characters for name? similar to email missing the @ symbol

0 いいね!
kvlschaefer
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @Msyvrais,

Thank you for feedback.

I would highly recommend submitting this product suggestion to the ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
Msyvrais
キーアドバイザー

解決
kvlschaefer
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Thanks for sharing, @Msyvrais!

I upvoted your idea 🙂 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Chatbot-limitations-on-Name-field-character-length/id... 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 いいね!
bsm007
トップ投稿者

解決

We have this same issue. The solution seems very inelegant, most likely forcing a respondent to repeat themself. I would prefer to capture an email address first so everything else can prepopulate and respondents are less likely to insert the 'issue' in an email request field. However, Hubspot doesn't seem to allow that. Can anyone share another workflow that works to eliminate overwriting of the name?

0 いいね!
jennysowyrda
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kelliego11,

You can customize what the information collected in the first step is and what property it is associated with, so if you wanted the question to ask something other than "what is your name", you can change it.

Thank you,
Jenny 

0 いいね!
kelliego11
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

解決

Actually, you can't.  We have called into Customer Support and even they cannot change this.  If you have a way to do it, we would love to be wrong on this.

jennysowyrda
解決策
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

解決

Hi @kelliego11,

What type of chatflow are you using? You can change the text in the first bubble so that the information is saved to a different property (see screenshot) and then this information can be used to pull in a different response (which you can customize). 

For this example, I changed the personalization token from "first name" to "school", and then I customized the second bubble to populate a response appropriate to receiving a message stating there is an issue. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 11.37.57 AM.png

See example here: 

example.gif

If you are trying to create a different type of chatflow, please let me know.

Thank you,
Jenny

kelliego11
参加者 | Platinum Partner
参加者 | Platinum Partner

解決

Thank you @jennysowyrda this really helped us get this figured out!

0 いいね!