[In beta] Ticket Binding

HubSpot Product Team

What is it?

Closing a conversation in the Inbox will now close the associated ticket as well.

Why it matters?

Today, support agents that are handling customer issues from the Inbox have to close a conversation and then navigate to the ticket record to close the ticket. It's repetitive and redundant, especially when you're handling more than 100 issues / day!

This discrepancy between conversation and ticket behavior prevents teams from leveraging the inbox as the central place where they manage customer communication, forcing them to continue straddling both the Inbox and Tickets.

How it works:
When you close a conversation in the Inbox, the associated ticket will also close. 

You can request access to this feature by filling out this form: https://forms.gle/4GnTWyqQZFd5AtxTA

10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hope this turns into a feature that has an on/off switch, not anything that is mandatory. This interferes with our internal company workflows because we have a process by which once tickets are created, we close the conversation, correspondence takes place within the ticket level, which is where reps are managing those tickets, which limits the confusing aspect of what it is that's being tried in Beta right now.

The issue with this sort of feature is that it almost mandates that users must be in both places, instead of managing ticket stages/pipelines/communication from the Ticket Table or Table Board. Instead, this feature makes users have to worry about another user accidentally closing a conversation within the conversation box, thereby automatically closing a ticket they may have been working within the Ticket Table/Ticket Board.

Worth mentioning that your "agents handling over 100 issues a day" is what makes this even worse: current conversation viewing makes navigating 100 open conversations a nightmare, with a 180px wide column and mandatory preview and channel lines, I foresee endless scrolling for companies like ours with loads of conversations that can't be closed because we still need the tickets open for statuses like "waiting on customer" or "waiting on research."

This feels as if HubSpot is trying to make Tickets obsolete, which is not something I can imagine people are interested in on a large scale.

I'm also really interested to see how this is handled if a customer has, for instance, 8 tickets open. This feature will cause massive confusion, in my opinion.

This isn't something our company is interested in using based on the poor design of the current conversation box views, I'm excited to hear if others have a different perspective.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Actually, for our team, this new functionality ends up disrupting our entire process. Not every closed conversation  in the Inbox means that the assistance has ended. For this there is the monitoring of tickets. We are a support team and we send a feedback survey about our costumer services after they are finished. We need to have a careful control of what is ready or not, and some tickets inside the pipelines need to wait for a more careful evaluation, either from us or from some technical demand. It is necessary that there is at least the possibility to turn this feature on / off.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@cambria  Our company is having an issue. I, as an admin, have selected Leave Beta, but our other 20 users are still experiencing the new beta almost as a "Fail Opt In" instead of a "Fail Opt Out."

Will this be fixed soon so that we don't continually have the issues of users with this feature turned on even though they opted out?

Happy to discuss further. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

@KeeganSmith87 thanks for all the input here, Keegan. I think you're all set now but feel free to email me if you have any other concerns or questions! 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

You guys need to fix this ASAP since as other commentators have stated, this is disrupting our process too.

Would opting out of the beta be sufficient for the time being?

Cheers,
Jerome

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

Yes @riderfou opting out should do the trick for now! We're sorry this disrupted you're workflow -- we've been striving to better align tickets and conversations, and we still have a lot of work to do, but your feedback is instrumental in improving the product. 

Feel free to email me directly if you have any questions cdavies@hubspot.com

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

We have also found a new error this morning. 
New emails attach to tickets fine, but if you have a client that is replying to an exsist conversation the email does not go to the associated ticket. Will this be sorted? 
Should we leave the beta?

Highlighted
HubSpot Product Team

@BoffixLtd that should not be the case due to this beta. Would you mind sending me some examples and we can get to the bottom of it? cdavies@hubspot.com

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
New Contributor

Spoke to a team member through webchat yesterday who could not figure it out but advised to leave the Beta. We have and the issue is no longer there. 
I think the annoyance also comes from the fact that a Beta was rolled out with no warning, and without our acceptance. We lost important client information and emails as we assumed the tickets were being created as usual and it was not until the Monday did we realise we had not been getting the tickets assigned to us.  

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@cambria Is it possible that this also goes the other way so that when a ticket is closed the conversation too is closed off? For my support teams we are trying to reduce the areas in which they have to monitor and right now simply using the tickets area and filtering by assignations and status is a very simple and succinct way of managing these tickets and conversations.

We are currently creating tickets from web forms and also team inboxes, although we hope to move more to forms in the future.