Tickets & Conversations

Marcey
Participant

Import Zendesk tickets with new Service Hub

Is there a timeline on when Service Hub will be able to import Zendesk tickets into Service Hub?

I'm making a big push for all our tools to be under the same platform.

We have marketing and just started with Sales Professional. All we need now is Service Hub!

15 Réponses
john-barnaby
Participant

Hey @Marcey,

Help Desk Migration service allows migrating data from Zendesk to Hubspot Service Hub in an automated way.

You can try it for free!

Disclaimer: I work @ Help Desk Migration

pasinikkanen
Participant

We just used Help Desk Migration service to migrate from Zendesk to HubSpot. Really easy to setup by yourself, then validate the results and run the full migration. We had some custom stuff in Zendesk, but support from Help Desk Migration was really good and they solved all the issues quickly.

Can recommend if some is looking to migrate.

AgenorAndyS
Participant

Hi Folks - I'm a massive fan of HubSpot and am actively looking at adopting Service Hub - which will involve a migration from ZenDesk. We've ben prefectly happy with ZenDesk for years and it will take some effort to persuade my Customer Success team that we should move away from ZenDesk. This discussion is not helped at all by the absence of a proven migration solution. One for you to think about in terms of it's impact on Customer acquisition? For my organisation, it's likely to be a show-stopper. Cheers Andy

0 Votes
drafeedie
Contributeur

Curious to know - did you end up making the migration to Service Hub from ZenDesk? I used ZD at a previous company and chose to implement Service Hub for this one.... regretting it virtually every day. Have been crossing my fingers that Hubspot fixes some huge gaps in their functionality but seems less and less likely every day. 

0 Votes
HBauer4
Membre

What are some of the major gaps you're experiencing? We're thinking of moving to Service Hub from ZD or go to HelpScout instead of ServiceHub

0 Votes
AgenorAndyS
Participant

Hi Folks - I'm a massive fan of HubSpot and am actively looking at adopting Service Hub - which will involve a migration from ZenDesk. We've ben prefectly happy with ZenDesk for years and it will take some effort to persuade my Customer Success team that we should move away from ZenDesk. This discussion is not helped at all by the absence of a proven migration solution. One for you to think about in terms of it's impact on Customer acquisition? For my organisation, it's likely to be a show-stopper. Cheers Andy

kevinhannah
Membre

We have the Zendesk integration which creates a Zendesk event under Activity. For example:

Kevin Hannah had Zendesk event

Zendesk Ticket #41 has been created

where the ticket numer links to the actual Zendesk ticket.

I have a workflow to create a Service Hub ticket (so that any sales looking at the contact is aware of any outstanding issues, and history, without having to search Activity); a ticket is automatically created and attached to the correct contact. However, there seems no way to map, for example, Zendesk ticket.id, which Hubspot obviously has, into Ticket Name or to pick up Ticket Description or Priority. Can someone help?

markkofman
Contributeur de premier rang

@Marcey 

We are now beta testing a data migration service (update: now live) that would allow you to import ticket data from Zendesk into HubSpot Service Hub - https://www.import2.com/hubspot/helpdesk

Hope this would help you save some time

bendonahower
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

How did this service work for you? 

Ben Donahowers HubSpot community signature
0 Votes
Marcey
Participant

Thank you for the helpful information! Please keep me updated on this testing.

0 Votes
roisinkirby
Équipe de développement de HubSpot
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hello @Marcey at this time there are no plans to integrater Service Hub with Zendesk. 

0 Votes
BWohlfarth
Membre

This was back in 2018. is there a solution now? I would think 4 years later we can now import zendesk tickets to hubspot.

AReds
Membre

Hi @BWohlfarth !

There's a service that migrates Zendesk to HubSpot automatedly and quickly - it's called Help Desk Migration. Those guys are also a HubSpot Partner - check what they do here

Compared to other services, this migration tool is fast and customizable. And a free option to test it with a selected bunch of records is helpful.

Hope my insight will be helpful to you.

0 Votes
kevinhannah
Membre

The actual underlying issue is the inability to take Activity detail and propagate it through workflow into a Service Hub ticket. Yes Zendesk information is our first use case but there may be instances based on other Activity that we would want to auto-create and populate a ticket.

The inability to use workflow effectively with Service Hub severely limits its use and ultimately means we may end up having to drop our initial plans to use it.

I actually raised this more generic issue with support:

Unable to use Activity information in a Ticket Create Workflow

and the reply:

"However from upon testing, I definitely see your use case here and hence would definitely recommend posting it as an idea on our use forum."

nickbodkins
Participant

I can definitely say, it was a barrier, not a blocker to us moving. I'm now using dev resources to manually create/port as much as we can via your service API, but this migration is going to be a massive hurdle for those without resources. Some sort of migration path, even through professional services, would be big.

0 Votes