Tickets & Conversations

MayL

I created my own app, how can I integrate Hubspot live chat?

SOLVE

Hi! 

I created my own app with a group of developers. Is there a way to integrate a hubspot live chat I created in my hubspot account? It looks to be different to when I connected the chat function to my website from wordpress- which is now connected and my website has teh caht button and chat function conected to Hubspot. My question is, can I code this into my web app? How do I do this? 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MayL,

The HubSpot live chat requires a page that has the tracking code installed, see here. If your app is running on a page, try to install the code and it might work. (I have a few clients where the chat works in an in-app scenario behind a log-in.) Generally however the live chat is not meant for this use.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Eric_Kornacki
Participant

SOLVE

I have this same need. We have a mobile app on both iOS and Android and need to integrate the HubSpot LiveChat (and/or self-serve chatbot) in the app. ZenDesk and Intercom make this easy to do. Not sure why HubSpot's chatbot can only function from a webpage.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MayL,

The HubSpot live chat requires a page that has the tracking code installed, see here. If your app is running on a page, try to install the code and it might work. (I have a few clients where the chat works in an in-app scenario behind a log-in.) Generally however the live chat is not meant for this use.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes