Hubspot difficult and disappointing. false incentive & lack of support

Highlighted
New Contributor

I just wanted to download something that Hubspot offered for free - the "Social Media Calendar User Guide" which initially it made me register. So I put in my information of which I could and made something up in the field I dont have the information to ( for examply, I dont have a website) so that I can get access to their user guide. The file of which included the user guide came blank when I downloaded it. So I went to seek support - this was a whole ordeal. First there is no customer support. I googled their customer support hotline and the number will not get you to a rep without you being a paying customer. They also looped me to twitter which I dont have either. I didnt realize how difficult it was just to get in touch with support. I feel like I was manipulated into signing up and registering for Hubspot in exchange for a blank file. 

Can someone - or a hubspot support rep, if there is one - help me retrieve what was offered? 

Follow up: of course when I tried to post this, there was an error "There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes" - and Hubpot offers CRM services???? 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Esteemed Contributor | Platinum Partner

Hi @m53882 , 

So sorry to hear about your negative experience. Smiley Sad

As a Platinum HubSpot Partner for more than 6 years, I can honestly say that the mojority of feedback I've heard on their support has been stellar! In my own personal encounters, I can say the same. Nothing but positive feedback. 

I hope this was an isolated incident. 

Regardless, I've downloaded the file for you, I'd be happy to send it to you if you would like to provide me with an email address in a direct message. 

Also, I highly recommend checking out a social media content calendar software called, HeyOrca. I work for a B2B marketing agency and our in-house social media team uses HeyOrca to create content calendars for our clients. The software is amazing and the company is a great resource on the subject via their blog and their e-books/guides!

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
We help B2Bs on HubSpot turn visitors into quality sales opportunites.
HubSpot Platinum Partner Logo HubSpot Platinum Partner Agency
Book 15 Minutes with Krystina »
New Contributor

Hi Krystina,

I truly appreciate your help - I wish I could say the same about the great experience with Hubspot but I couldn't even reach out to you without running into a road block. I went ahead and clicked on your profile to send you a private message to retrieve the collateral (the social media calendar user guide) - the navigation of hubspot is really shotty as well - once I hit the "send private message" button next to your profile, this is the page I was sent to.  

hubspot.png

I've attempted this a few times to only be directed this page with no options of writing a message to you. And I sat there for a moment too to make sure it wasnt simply loading.

nope. 

How do I get to send you a private message?

0 Upvotes

@m53882 , 

Here is my work email: kgillenwater@digitopia.agency 

Feel free to email me and I will happily send it to you. Smiley Happy

Cheers, 

Did this post help solve your problem? Help the community and mark it as a solution.
Krystina Gillenwater
0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @m53882,

I would like to begin by apologizing for the issues and frustrations you have had thus far while being introduced to HubSpot. It is never our intention to make your day difficult, and for that, I apologize. 

I would like to walk through a few of the issues you mentioned to ensure you have proper information, and then I would like to ensure you're able to receive the download you're looking for as well (if you haven't already gotten it from @Krystina). 

1. Blank file upload

Do you mind sharing the url of where you got the download from? 

@Krystina were you able to successfully download this piece of content? 

2. Support

The Community is the Support channel for users without a paid subscription to HubSpot. I am the Community Manager for this Community, and there are many other HubSpotters who are actively moderating this space to ensure you get the help you need. For more information about Support offerings, I wanted to share this resource.

In regards to Twitter support, this is an offering we have, however Twitter Support is not the main Support channel for any HubSpot users, and is an offering for users who use Twitter. Please do not feel as though you have to have Twitter in order to receive Support.

3. Encountering a posting error on the Community

I apologize for this error message. Having encountered this error myself, I know how frustrating this is. I am partnering with our Community vendor to resolve this issue. I appreciate that you did not leave before posting your question, and I have added your frustration to the ticket I have open with our vendor. This error should not be a roadblock to finding solutions to your problems, let alone provide an additional roadblock. 

I sincerely apologize for your experience thus far. I am hopeful and confident that we can partner together to ensure that the rest of your time using HubSpot is frictionless and enjoyable. Please let me know if you are looking for the download still as well, and I will ensure that you receive it as quickly as possible.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
I believe I was able to download the referenced guide, yes. Smiley Happy
Krystina Gillenwater