Tickets & Conversations

JBLindberg
Participant

How to populate a form using Ticket properties

Is there a way to populate a form with properties from an existing Ticket? The form would be used by our HubSpot users, not by external customers.

We want to collect some Company data in an external form using custom Ticket properties. After the form is submitted we can determine whether a new Company needs to be created. If so, we want to open a form inside HubSpot and use some of the Ticket properties to populate certain Company fields on the internal form. This is to make it easier to create a new Company according to our business rules and without typo errors. 

We have the CRM Starter package. 

(We're exploring this approach because sometimes the same Contact is associated with multiple Companies that don't have domains and the wrong Company can get overwritten if we were to use Company fields in the original form.} 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JBLindberg,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Ticket properties will only be allowed on forms if you create a new ticket from the form submission, properties from an existing ticket currently can't be used or updated via a form. 

I wanted to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation to see if they have any input on this matter or can think of a workaround: 

Hi @franksteiner79@Katherinegavin1@StjepanGrcic, do you have any advice for @JBLindberg? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

JBLindberg
Participant

Let me clarify. I don't want to modify the ticket properties themselves. Instead I would like to populate different fields (Company properties) with the values from some of the existing Ticket properties.  I know that there's a way to populate HubSpot form fields via query string parameters, but I'm guessing I would need to export the tickets from HubSpot and then build the URLs including query strings in a separate tool outside HubSpot. 

0 Upvotes