How to change my account email address, if I can no longer access the original email?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can someone please advise whether its possible to change the email address, If I can no longer access the original email, cant access verification codes etc. Essentialy Ive closed a business, deregistered the domain and now cut myself off from my company email address, and wanted to switch my Hubspot account to my personal email.

Can this be done, do I need to start a new account?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Alex.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hey Alex,

This is a pretty tricky situation: As it sounds like the email no longer exists, we may not be able to change the email address as the confirmation emails are sent to the account email- I don't believe there's a way around this. 

In this situation, I'd actually advise creating a new account (as a Super Admin if you can), and then if you need to, bulk-reassigning any Contacts or Companies you were set as the Owner of in your HubSpot portal(s). This probably isn't an amazing solution, but it should work around your current situation with minimal loss or break in service. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey Aleeson,

Thanks for your reply. 

I am certainly kicking myself for being too hasty in getting rid of my email. 

I did try setting up another user, but again it wont let me send invites.

Think im going to have to start from scratch. 

Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Yikes, sorry to hear about that. If you're starting from scratch (even with a new free CRM) you should still be able to export all your data from the old portal?