Tickets & Conversations

SLester
Contributor

How do I always run the chat widget minimized?

When clients come to the site, the chat widget is open with "Got any questions? I'm happy to help." text

1. How do I run this minimized always and by default. I understand that there were answers where the broswer supposedly remembers when visitors close it the first time. This is not true with Edge, Brave .. etc.

2. How can I change the default text and make it more personalized if this visitor is an actual client within the CRM system? Ex: "Welccome Back John, how can I help you today?" 

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @SLester,

On the display settings for each individual chatflow, select the button to only show the chat launcher.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 9.09.45 AM.png

An initial chat welcome message doesn't give you the ability to add a contact token, but your secondary message could pull in a token from a known visitor. 

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 9.12.15 AM.png

I hope this solves what you're looking to do!

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

SLester
Contributor

Thank you Josh. I have created the chat flow and I got everythign working, except for the contact token (first name) for a returning customer. It does not seem to be getting populated as if each visit is a brand new one. It does sometimes recognize the email (does not execute the "Get Email" action) but not the first name for some reason. 

Also, the book meeting widget, sometimes asks about time slots needed within the chat interface and others it just sends the meeting link. I do like the former as it ends up giving the confirmation message vs. just a link and then end chat. Do you have any recommendations as to how consistently have the questions asked by the chat widget for duration, day and time vs. just sending the meeting link?

0 Upvotes