Tickets & Conversations

Stijn
Participant

How can I create a new ticket from an existing email thread

SOLVE

Hi,

We often have customers replying to an old support email for a new request. When that happens, the old ticket originally attached to that thread is re-opened. 

What we want is in a simple way to create a new ticket for that conversation, while the old ticket would be moved to the "other tickets" list in the conversations inbox view. 

Stijn

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stijn,

As far as I know this is currently not possible. You'd have to create a new ticket and re-close the old ticket.

I agree that it would be a useful feature however to do this with one click right from the activity (email) in the activity stream ("Create new ticket from this activity and close old one"). You could request this from the HubSpot product team in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
MattHomesearch
Participant

SOLVE

I'd like to request a similar solution. 

We have clients who simply reply to an old conversation with a new issue. In thier eyes they just reply to the last email they got from us. It opens up the old conversation/thread. The old ticket remains closed which is fine but we would like to disassociate the revived conversation with the old ticket, create a new ticket and link it to the ongoing conversation. 

Currently we create a new ticket to track the new request but it's not linked to the conversation and things can get missed. 

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stijn ,

The idea of re-opening a previous thread is that to keep up with the same converstaion. So if a contact is re-opening a previous ticket, it will not be opening a new ticket.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Stijn,

As far as I know this is currently not possible. You'd have to create a new ticket and re-close the old ticket.

I agree that it would be a useful feature however to do this with one click right from the activity (email) in the activity stream ("Create new ticket from this activity and close old one"). You could request this from the HubSpot product team in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.