Tickets & Conversations

LHowell8

Gmail and linking emails to tickets

Quite a few member of our team are not able to link gmail emails to support tickets. The edit button, that normally appears to be able to link the ticket is not there. Is there something we need to change to make this happen?

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
LHowell8

LHowell8_1-1626969244188.png

The button itself is a feature to link emails to hubspot tickets, we search the hubspot ticket title. Sometimes this feature is not available.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you @LHowell8 !

I was able to find this "edit" button in my Gmail as well. It seems like this button only shows up when a person you are emailing with is an existing contact in your HubSpot CRM. Then you can search other objects reocrds in the search bar.

When this doesn't appear, could you check if a person in that particular email thread exists as a contact in your HubSpot?

0 Upvotes
LHowell8

LHowell8_0-1626277469982.png

This is in our Gmail Inbox, sometimes it appears and other times it doesn't. For some emails, when we refresh after sending an email, it will appear. But we do have some email threads where the edit button never appears.

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the screenshot!

Hmm, I don't see that button in my Gmail inbox. When you click on that button, what options do you see under the dropdown? Could you attached the screenshot of that too?

natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @LHowell8 ,

Thank you for your post!

Could you please share some screenshots of where you're supposed to see the edit button? Is this within the HubSpot account or in your connected Gmail inbox? If you referred to a knowledge base article, would you mind linking it so that the Community can better understand your query?

Thanks!