Tickets & Conversations

MMDC
Contributor

Forward Ticket Forms to External Emails

SOLVE

HubSpot's 20th February 2023 change to forms is a nightmare for my company's business process.

We use HubSpot forms to create tickets that are associated with a contact's record. And, we email the form submission to an external group email address that actually handles the customer service issue.

Are there any workarounds so I can email the contents of the form/ticket to an external email?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMDC,

With a Marketing Hub Professional subscription, you can create an automated marketing email and use the 'Send internal marketing email' workflow action to deliver this automated email to any email address you'd like. You would create your own notification by adding ticket personalization tokens to the automated marketing email.

Alternatively, you could create a role with very limited access to your HubSpot portal and invite the extern group's alias.

Lastly, if the above aren't viable options, you could set up auto-fowarding from your inbox, automatically passing on all emails with the notification subject line to the external address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MMDC,

With a Marketing Hub Professional subscription, you can create an automated marketing email and use the 'Send internal marketing email' workflow action to deliver this automated email to any email address you'd like. You would create your own notification by adding ticket personalization tokens to the automated marketing email.

Alternatively, you could create a role with very limited access to your HubSpot portal and invite the extern group's alias.

Lastly, if the above aren't viable options, you could set up auto-fowarding from your inbox, automatically passing on all emails with the notification subject line to the external address.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MMDC
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks, Karsten.

I also reconfirmed a few disclaimers with HubSpot support. The first idea of creating a marketing email with ticket personalization only works if you have a paid Service Hub plan (I just have marketing enterprise).

Ultimately, I combined the second and Third ideas. I created a very limited dummy account. I have form submissions emailed to the dummy account. From that dummy email account, I have various rules to forward form submission to the appropriate email.

While I understand why HubSpot did this, I really wished they just setup an option that still allowed form submissions to be emailed to users outside of HubSpot and just disabled the links in the email. 

0 Upvotes