Forced Association of a ticket with a contact in order to create the ticket

jonmartin
Contributor

I have a client that is receiving most of their service calls as inbound phone calls, I would like to require that a contact is associated with a ticket before it can be created. Exactly like required fields work for ticket creation, but this would be for a contact.

When call volume is high, sometimes associating the ticket with a contact gets missed which than creates a lot of headaches for when responding to the ticket.

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Hi @jonmartin

To the best of my knowledge, this isn't a supported feature right now. 

If you want to get the attention of the HubSpot developers, I recommend you post your suggestion over in the ideas forum - if enough other users vote for it, it may make it to the roadmap. 

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
mark_vande_haar
Contributor

Hey Jon,

If your people are working through the ticket pipleine vs creating tickets through contacts I could see where this would be an issue. I would like to see that required as well but to fix your issue in the short term I would train reps to work through the contact instead of the creating tickets via the pipeline. This will automatically associate a contact to a ticket and theres no way to remove the contact either. 

Hope that helps!