Tickets & Conversations

CFullinwider15
Participant

Fiscal Year in Reports Showing the Incorrect Year

SOLVE

We created an orders based report and are using the fiscal year check box on the created date filter and the year is showing 2025 instead of 2024. Has anyone run into this before? Is there an additional setting/filter we need to use to update that date to be 2024 instead of 2025? 

We recently updated our default fiscal year from December - January to February -January. Would that update have caused this issue? 

1 Accepted solution
TomM2
Solution
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

I don't believe this is possible at the moment, it looks like it will always display as the year the fiscal year ends and not the one it starts on! Strange behaviour. 

Tom Mahon
Technical Consultant | Solutions Engineer | Community Champion
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community (and me) by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Gaurav_Aggarwal
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @CFullinwider15 

To update the fiscal year affecting your reports:

In the main navigation bar, click the settings icon.

In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Account Defaults.

In the Fiscal year dropdown menu, select the time frame that best represents your updated fiscal

year.

Click Save to apply your changes for more information on this kindly go through this article here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/set-your-fiscal-year-in-hubspot 

truva_0-1720263612959.png

If you found our post helpful in resolving your query kindly mark it as an accepted solution!

Gaurav Aggarwal
CEO Truva AI | Hubspot Partner
HubSpot Expert, Top Contributor

Have questions? Get answers:

Get Premium Support

Did my post help answer your question? Mark this as a solution.

0 Upvotes
TomM2

SOLVE

Hey @CFullinwider15 are you filtering by "current" or "this" fiscal year? 

Based on what you've outlined I would assume HubSpot is taking the ending date of your Fiscal year as the date of your fiscal year. So ending in Jan and filtering by existing fiscal year will put you into 2025. 

Tom Mahon
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community (and me) by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
CFullinwider15
Participant

SOLVE

I have tried filtering by all of the options in the screenshot below and none of them produce the correct information. How do I make sure the filter is for the start of the fiscal year not the end? 

Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 12.57.14 PM.png

0 Upvotes
TomM2
Solution

SOLVE

I don't believe this is possible at the moment, it looks like it will always display as the year the fiscal year ends and not the one it starts on! Strange behaviour. 

Tom Mahon
Baskey Digitial

Book a meeting

0 Upvotes