Tickets & Conversations

SLink

Execute Workflow For New Conversations

SOLVE

Hi,

We are still considering Hubspot and have a need which may be rather unique. We have thousands of emails stored on our file system and want to create tickets for each one. I can create the VBA in Outlook to open and process each email automatically, forwarding it to the Conversations shared Inbox. The problem comes in with a need to automate ticket creation only for those emails and then assign the ticket and close it.

I know there is an option to automatically create a ticket for each conversation, but I only want these forwarded emails to create the ticket automatically. Then I want to process only those tickets through this workflow.

Has anyone accomplished this starting at conversations before?

1 Accepted solution
PeterC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @SLink  

You could add a special property to the tickets you create using this method so a HubSpot Workflow could be triggered when it sees that property on a new ticket.  The workflow will then take the ticket on the journey of your choice.

I can't be certain this will work in your specific case without understanding all the nuances of your requirement, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.  

This isn't a sales pitch - but don't let this hold up your decision to implement HubSpot.  We have some web developers in-house who are showing us just how much more we can integrate our systems, and getting data from A to B is remarkably easy with the right knowledge.  We implemented HubSpot about 3-years ago and haven't looked back.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
JeffBantz
Contributor

SOLVE

Is there any way y'all can expose information about the Conversation Content (like Subject, Submitter Name, etc) when conversations come in via email?
Without that, it's hard to kick off a workflow.

Specifically, creating Tickets and/or Tasks based on the email content.

0 Upvotes
PeterC
Solution
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @SLink  

You could add a special property to the tickets you create using this method so a HubSpot Workflow could be triggered when it sees that property on a new ticket.  The workflow will then take the ticket on the journey of your choice.

I can't be certain this will work in your specific case without understanding all the nuances of your requirement, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.  

This isn't a sales pitch - but don't let this hold up your decision to implement HubSpot.  We have some web developers in-house who are showing us just how much more we can integrate our systems, and getting data from A to B is remarkably easy with the right knowledge.  We implemented HubSpot about 3-years ago and haven't looked back.

sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SLink 

Welcome to the Community!

I'll tag a few experts to see if they have any ideas on how to achieve this. 

Hey @PeterC @StefaniUAT @warrendavey what would you recommend to @SLink

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
SLink

SOLVE

Thanks. With so much workflow flexibility in other areas, it seems like this would be feasible.

0 Upvotes